Word 2010, curser jumping (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 18:24
Does anybody else have trouble with the curser in Word 2010 jumping back a couple of lines while typing?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 15:24
Is this happening when you are typing on a laptop or a desktop computer? If on a laptop, it is usually the touch pad which your palm ends up hitting which puts the cursor somewhere different on the page. You just need to set the proper setting for your touchpad to not respond when you're typing or, if it doesn't have that setting, to set it so that clicks are not recognized from the touchpad.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Bob, thanks. It is on a laptop, and since you brought that to light, there is a good chance that is what is happing, as often I have caught myself missing the space bar. Since my neck/disc operations my fingers don't go where I want them to go.

alnilla

Registered User.
Local time
To disable the trackpad normally you just have to go into bios and disable it.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 15:24
To disable the trackpad normally you just have to go into bios and disable it.

No, not really. You can disable it by use of the mouse settings in Control Panel if the driver for the trackpad is installed for that brand of trackpad. But the main thing for this type of problem is just to disable the tap for clicking with the trackpad and that is done using the mouse settings as long as the trackpad driver is installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom