Solved Work order System with a few extra bits thrown in (1 Viewer)

GeordieH

Local time
Today, 14:20
Hi Minty,

That's great, it pulls the RA through linking it to the WO Task (y) I'll get into changing the status so it shows the info later
I tried that on the PPE, created a form from the WOPPE Table (y)
But when it comes to linking it to the table it offers up the Vehicle ID ???

So how do you change the links Subform and child links to make it work???
Ah, you only used the one link on the subformwizard, nice one, I always thought they both had to used :cool:

YES, YES, I've got it... I'm going to do some more work on it, I can move forward now. When creating the Subform, I just added the WOTask Table and the RA Table, pulled them both together (y)

Minty, that's brill mate, this is going to move on now ;)
I hope you're about tomorrow, I'll send you a copy when I get something more rigid, cant thank you enough :)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I don't use the wizards - they don't let you do everything you might want to do. I simply typed in the Master/child links manually in the subform container control properties.
You can probably just copy and paste the subform container and change the form it uses.

I'm likely to be busy tomorrow, but post up and I'll no doubt see it.

GeordieH

Local time
Hi Minty,

Heres the finished structure with some data thrown in to make it sensicle.

Cant thank you enough, ive been going round on this for weeks, not being able to link or understand how to link tables in the way you described.

Thanks for the learning curve, much appreciated.

Attachments

• Garage.zip
    85.4 KB · Views: 160

GeordieH

Local time
Hope ive marked the thread ok with the thumbs up

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
That looks good.
Now that you have it working I assume you would remove/hide all the columns with the ID values, they add no value for an end-user.

Personally I would have separate admin forms for adding and editing the PPE, EQ and RA lookup items it stops people just randomly adding something because they haven't looked in the list properly.

And yes thank you for the thumbs up!

GeordieH

Local time
I get the point you make about controlling the user input, i'll get to that soon enough. Once I've got the system developed, I can repost it for you, but that's going to take a little while yet.

I think I want to be confident I have a solid structure that i can test and run some examples, I'll be trying to break it, before I let others play with it :) Once Im confident the structure is solid, then I can fine tune it and make adjustments to make it more HCI User Friendly.

I just couldn't work out how to pull the RA, etc through, I've learned something there, thanks :).

I started with designing and programming DB about 20 years ago, I don't do it professionally, mainly for interest to keep my hand in, and for some companies I've worked for. My longest running system is 17yrs using a standard 3 tier hierarchy, that was for an invoice system for a small plastering company, I hadn't seen him for about 10years and I got a random phone call from him and the problem he was having was the change of Operating System (he bought a new laptop!) so I know the structure is safe and all his data was up to date, which was quite encouraging. Its definitely wise to focus on the structure and as you say, lock them down so people cant play with them.

The response ive had from yourself has been brilliant, i'm going to stick around on this site, it would be good to help others.

Much appreciated, keep well and safe. :) (y)

GeordieH

Local time
Hi Minty, Hope you're still kicking about, its been a mad couple of years. Its been a while, but the project you helped me with is now in the process of being prototyped in the garage we were helping out, i had a chance to do some research into the company and how it worked and identified what they really wanted, so that took a bit, but we're coming out the other end now. I added extra tables to include typical accidents, hazards and a section on improvement notes this was some of the feedback i got from the lads in the garage. I've also been approached by another company to do a similar project, this time for a sewing company... The structure we set up was great, because i can add additional tables as and when required. So we're still battling on, can't thank you enough for the help and support. Keep well. G

GeordieH

Local time
Well No surprises, i guess you knew there was a message on its way :rolleyes::LOL::LOL:... I'm wondering if you can offer a little more help, it's the same system as the garage, but for a sewing company. I'm pushing my luck here, but i'm hoping you can help me out again. Regards G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom