Working with a Lotus Notes Database Through VBA (1 Viewer)

D-Fresh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:44
Okay, here is what I currently have and what I need. I have a database that tracks all transfers processed by my company. Daily, macros run that update all the transfers. After these are updated, I need them to be put into a Lotus Notes Database, so they could be viewed on the web. It's a long story why I'm doing it this way, but basically my company doesn't have a solid Intranet and we need a secure web page, which can be done through Lotus Notes. I have written code that adds entries and edits entries in the Notes DB but I can't get anything working to remove entries. If anyone has any ideas whatsoever, I would be very grateful. I've been working on this for weeks and nothing I've tried works too well. Thanks in advance.

Doug

bobjames

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:44
Do you want to do this through Notes or Access/VBA? If your doing this through Notes then why don't you create a field on the Documents that your importing that you can use as an flag. Then create an scheduled agent in Notes that deletes those documents that have that flag set. Then run your import process. I would do this on the Notes side cause of the ability to schedule agents and notes script is very similar to VBA.

There is nothing wrong with using Notes/Domino for put putting stuff out on the web. It's simple cause it's one tool that takes care of everything for a web based app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom