Writing to a new Line in a text field (1 Viewer)

Anauz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:34
Hello

I am writing a list to a text field in my form. What i want it to do is write each member in the list to a new line. What it does at the moment is write them all on a single line. Any ideas?

Thanx in advance.

skiphooper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:34
Hi Anauz,

Try adding & Chr(13) & Chr(10) after each line. ( Carriage Return Line Feed )

Skip

Rich@ITTC

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Anauz

I agree with Ilkhoukx that in a field you can use ctrl+enter to move onto a new line. This is useful if you rarely have to make a new line.

I also agree with skiphooper that you can use Chr(13) & Chr(10) in coding to achieve the same effect (though not possible when inputting data via a form). There are also other possibilities in coding - vbNewLine or vbCrLf(the same as the combination of Chr(13) & Chr(10) ) and vbCr and VbLf - both separately Carriage Return and Line Feed.

However, if you are using a text box (or memo box) on a form and regularly want to start a new line why not go to the properties window and select Enter Key Behaviour and change from Default to New Line in Field.

Each time you come to the end of a line, press the Enter key and you will go to a new line.

(I do wonder why you want to create a list of members in this way - wouldn't it be better to store each member as a separate record and then combine them into a list on a report or form?)

HTH

Rich Gorvin

[This message has been edited by Rich@ITTC (edited 03-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Rich@ITTC (edited 03-20-2001).]

Anauz

Registered User.
Local time
Thanx all for the help.
Rich

The reason i want to create a list is because i am using Access' workgroup file to provide the security. I want admin users to be able to see which users belong to which group. The only way you can to this is to print off a list. I wanted to write code where it reads each group....looks to see which users are members of it and displays it in the text field. This works fine when i print it to the debug window. But i want this to display in the text field.

your suggestion of vbCrLf worked fine after some tweaking....thanx

[This message has been edited by Anauz (edited 03-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Anauz (edited 03-20-2001).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom