Zoombox in Access Runtime (1 Viewer)

feinj

OracLegend
Local time
Today, 05:31
Hello all,

After deploying a new database to several users in Access 2007 Rutime, I discovered that the Zoombox Functionality does not work in runtime.

In the access program I have created a form with a Zoombox Button linked to an event procedure as follows:

Private Sub ZoomField_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_ZoomField_Click

Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoomBox

Exit_ZoomField_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_ZoomField_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_ZoomField_Click

End Sub

This Zoombox feature works fine in the full version of Access 2007, but does not work in the runtime version.

Is there any workaround to this problem? I would greatly appreciate you help guys.

Thanks

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
here's a zoombox. :)

Attachments

• zoombox.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 461

feinj

OracLegend
Local time
Hi Lagbolt,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me how your simple zoombox can be applied to any text or memo field on an access form while being run in the runtime version of access 2007?

I can see how your zoombox will zoom the specific field "tb" in your ftest form. But I need the zoombox to work on any text or memo field in a larger form with a large subform while running in Access 2007 Runtime.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your reply.

Feinj

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Didn't the old school zoom box need some event to trigger it to open? Whatever that event was, change that code from...
Code:
  Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus
  DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoomBox
End Sub
... to ...
Code:
   Form_fZoomBox.Init Me.ZoomField
End Sub
The old school zoom box references the focused control, and my code you pass it a control reference. A little different.
Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom