Zooming in and out of a picture (1 Viewer)

petehilljnr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:20
Is there any way to zoom to specific extents of a picture in an image control in A2k?

e.g. If I had a TIFF/JPG with dimensions of 30cm x 30cm and on a form / report I had an image control of 10cm x 5cm, is it possible to scale the image so my upper left scaled position in the picture is (15,8) and the lower right position is (25,13) ?

Regards,
Pete

unclejoe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:20
Hi Pete,

Well, you can adjust the image size by using the properties "Height" and "Width". Set the "Size Mode" to "Stretch" and for positioning of the image you can use "Top" and "Left".

That's a very large image, almost covering a 19" monitor.

Must be a very big file size Tiff/Jpg.

Is there any way to zoom to specific extents of a picture in an image control in A2k?

e.g. If I had a TIFF/JPG with dimensions of 30cm x 30cm and on a form / report I had an image control of 10cm x 5cm, is it possible to scale the image so my upper left scaled position in the picture is (15,8) and the lower right position is (25,13) ?

Regards,
Pete

petehilljnr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:20
Gidday there,

Thanks for replying!

Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my problem of zooming to a specific part of a picture.

Think of it like a map.

I know the dimensions of the map and the extents of it's upper left and lower right coordinates. I know the dimensions of my image control.
Mathematically, I can scale and transform each coordinate system to be able to "zoom" to a specific part of my picture.
However, physically displaying that is the problem.

I think the image control doesn't have the capability to do this.
Does anyone know of an alternative ActiveX control that might?

Regards,
Pete

unclejoe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:20
Hi Pete,

So far most of the ActiveX control aren't free, you may have to google it or buy it.
snip
Gidday there,

I think the image control doesn't have the capability to do this.
Does anyone know of an alternative ActiveX control that might?

Regards,
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom