Adding place holders for new Numbers in Excel and Microsoft Access (1 Viewer)

Sakala

Local time
Today, 10:31
Good day to you all.
My thread will be a bit long ,so i will try to summarise the key areas .

OVER VIEW
Customers submit their Mine Samples at our company and we do metallurgical sample analyses for these samples
and produces analytical results to the customer for each sample submitted.

A process work flow is like :
1.Customer submits Mines Samples to the Testing facility
2.The user records the Customer details and Mine Sample details using the user form
3.The user generates the Mine Samples Numbers and give them identifications for proper identifications into the system

I have been tasked by my company to create a small application that integrates Microsoft Excel and Access .
The program should allow the users to capture customer details and their Mine Samples which are brought for
further analyses such as for Copper Cobalt etc and produce the Sample results in a Sample report .

For a start i have created a Excel Form which i named Data Entry Software which have different worksheets .
The form allows the user to capture customer details and samples details then post the information into an Microsoft
Access database after clicking the SUBMIT button .

My challenge is i am having trouble in creating new Mine Sample numbers in Excel so that i can give these Mines Samples
names for identifications in the system and relate them with each individual customer and record into the database .

I have created a user form to Add ,Delete Update and print a report .See the code below

I have attached files with the excel form with the code and the related database .

NOTE :The Data Entry Software excel file should be micro enabled after you download

Attachments

• Code.txt
    31 KB · Views: 34
  • Database1.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 01:31
Good day to you all.
My thread will be a bit long ,so i will try to summarise the key areas .

OVER VIEW
Customers submit their Mine Samples at our company and we do metallurgical sample analyses for these samples
and produces analytical results to the customer for each sample submitted.

A process work flow is like :
1.Customer submits Mines Samples to the Testing facility
2.The user records the Customer details and Mine Sample details using the user form
3.The user generates the Mine Samples Numbers and give them identifications for proper identifications into the system

I have been tasked by my company to create a small application that integrates Microsoft Excel and Access .
The program should allow the users to capture customer details and their Mine Samples which are brought for
further analyses such as for Copper Cobalt etc and produce the Sample results in a Sample report .

For a start i have created a Excel Form which i named Data Entry Software which have different worksheets .
The form allows the user to capture customer details and samples details then post the information into an Microsoft
Access database after clicking the SUBMIT button .

My challenge is i am having trouble in creating new Mine Sample numbers in Excel so that i can give these Mines Samples
names for identifications in the system and relate them with each individual customer and record into the database .

I have created a user form to Add ,Delete Update and print a report .See the code below

I have attached files with the excel form with the code and the related database .

NOTE :The Data Entry Software excel file should be micro enabled after you download
Why does the organization feel the need to inject Excel into the process?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:31
also why not totally convert your excel database into your access.
all tables (queries) can be exported in excel if you need.
give us the look of your form (snapshot), then we will convert it.

LarryE

Local time
Today, 01:31
You attached some EXCEL VBA code in a text file but no EXCEL file.
You attached an ACCESS file with two tables that have the same fields. Most of the fields will need to be split out of one of these tables and then new ACCESS tables created based upon the workflow process you described. Since ACCESS cannot operate as a spreadsheet, these tables will then need to be linked together using Primary Keys, Foreign Keys and Referential Integrity that is enforced. ACCESS is a relational database. Tables are related to one another using Primary and Foreign Keys. From what you have said so far, it sounds like you will need at the very least:
  1. A Customer table that holds customer information only
  2. A Customer order table that holds order information
  3. A Lab Employee table that holds employee name and job title information
  4. A Sample table that holds specific sample information
  5. A Sample Analysis Results table that holds the results of the sample analysis information

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom