Bug/Request tracking system, which one? (1 Viewer)

amorosik

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:53
What system do you use to keep track of customer requests on a project or anomalies to be corrected?
Personally I use a procedure created with Access and installed on a terminal server to allow customers to enter reports using a web browser

Jason Lee Hayes

Local time
Today, 23:53
Good question..

If have a form within the DB that let's the end user submit faults/issues using usual fields with some field data pushed automatically. It then pushes the data to my Web page and populated a ticket system which uses PHP which then emails my team for them to pick up. A crash in my DBase automatically dumps to a crash folder for arbitration and creates a small file with screen shot and opens a ticket automatically. Prioroties are set depending on the error and reflected within the online ticket. The ticket system is completely independent and stands alone in its own right..

Last edited:

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:53
What system do you use to keep track of customer requests on a project or anomalies to be corrected?
After using a home-grown ASP.Net webforms application for about a decade we switched to using JetBrains YouTrack as an on-prem installation about 7 years ago and we are very happy with it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:53
Most of the places I worked used some commercially available system where the Help Desk could take ANY kind of complaint and would forward it to the appropriate developer team.

In my security action tracker, I had a thing called a TR (Trouble Report) that was available on ANY form. It opened a pop-up form, having passed the name of the form from which the pop-up was triggered. The user had a "type of complaint" in a combo box and also had a text box (feeding a short-text field). It also triggered an automatic CDO-style notification to me stating that "User xyz filed a TR from form RST." The same table that took the complaint ALSO took my follow-up actions because it was part of my change history. That way, I could tie my work back to a reason for the change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom