DB Linked with SharePoint No Longer has the Option to Use the Create E-Mail Facility (1 Viewer)

malfiscious

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:13
Hi,

I'm working with my first SharePoint linked DB, which is an experience, and noticed that I can't use the 'Create E-mail' facility on the external data tab anymore.

The point of the DB is to manage global contacts, which I want to do by providing people with access via SharePoint but also by gathering data automatically via an Access linked InfoPath form.

Even though it's not pretty, the basic form generated by Access using the 'Create Email' button is great because I want people to be presented with their own information rather than just a blank form.

What I need is a workaround and I'm thinking that it could be one of three things:

1. Is it possible to load just a populated web form/report onto SharePoint without converting the tables into web format?

2. Is it possible to create an InfoPath form that populates an email recipient's data and also links to a web formatted table?

3. Is there a workaround that makes it possible to use the 'Create E-mail' feature even with web formatted tables?

I hope that's clear, any advise would be much appreciated.

malfiscious

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:13
Just a follow-up to say that I'm settling for an interim solution until I learn more about some of the other options.

I've created an identical table on a new DB and linked it to the existing web formatted DB. I then setup a macro to run an update, append and delete query that refreshes the original web formatted table on loading the default form.

It's a bit clunky but it should at least give me the functions I need for now. Any advice is still appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom