Gun laws do they work (1 Viewer)

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Today, 12:50
I'm enforcing Blade's opinion :)

Neither do I my friend, But we do live in the UK, I know of one person who owns a hunting rifle that's about it.

Guns are rare where I live (Legal ones that is).

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:50
Lets begin with this,

What would this person have to gain, Other than if someone found out they would lose their job? Yet again you seem to think people are out to get you Blade. I can assure you there are much bigger problems than taking your guns away.

Ah,,, you have not heard about M. Lois Lerner with the IRS who intentionally (allegedly) targeted those people of the other party. Did they fire her, no she retired with a nice pension. All of it for political purposes. to win an election and the sad thing is it worked.

If this law was brought in, It wouldn't be Illegal - Of course it is at the mercy of the house owner but if you refuse then you obviously has something to hide (I don't see why you would refuse if you are such a model gun owner) - You will never know EVERYTHING - no matter what you do, sad truth I'm afraid. Doubtful even the president knows everything. But some secrets are best left unsaid - it would only cause unrest.

That is what is called a police state. That is the last law that breaks a country into pieces. Hope you never see it in the UK.

Are you familiar with the phrase "Times Change" Blade? because they do - just because something has happened in the past DOESN'T mean it will happen today. I don't see a Nazi uprising on the way if I'm honest - Before you say anything about ISIS - 2 completely different stories.

Have you not heard that 'The more things change, the more they stay the same"

As for the UN article, I said illegal because this only applies to ILLEGAL guns, not yours.... Re-read the UNPoA and tell me that that didn't apply to Illegal weapons not legal ones.

Don't have it in front of me but NO!. The word illegal is used toward the middle of the paragraph. The story then goes off on other things that are legal.

I can't tell if it was sarcasm the last statement or not :confused:

.No it was not sarcasm, it was the truth. Your countries activist helped get a law changed in order to remove hand guns from society as to not repeat a massacre of innocents.( much like your calling for action concerning the accident/negligent innocent deaths by guns here in the USA) Since your guns were taken away, there has been no noticeable decrease in deaths by the 'GUN' either with a massacre or without one. as I stated before" Gun Control does not Work' except in a totalitarian or communist societies. There if you have an illegal gun, it is automatic death to the owner. So, the masses do not have guns and live at the whims of those who do. (i.e. Mexico, most South American countries because of drug lords).

I ask you again: Are you not lucky for being born in the UK and not the middle east or maybe China?

Last edited:

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
I'm enforcing Blade's opinion :)

Neither do I my friend, But we do live in the UK, I know of one person who owns a hunting rifle that's about it.

Guns are rare where I live (Legal ones that is).

Mr. Connor I wish you would leave my opinions to me. If it were a law then I would have to abide or get put in jail or die trying to prevent it from happening. Here in the USA, we have a law that you home is your castle nobody but nobody is supposed to impose on that unless you let them.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Ah,,, you have not heard about M. Lois Lerner with the IRS who intentionally (allegedly) targeted those people of the other party. Did they fire her, no she retired with a nice pension. All of it for political purposes. to win an election and the sad thing is it worked.

And this was allowed to happen why? surely people must have noticed this many times before due to her summing up a nice pension, she must have been there a while.

Change won't happen just sitting back and watching it proceed.

That is what is called a police state. That is the last law that breaks a country into pieces. Hope you never see it in the UK.

Where is the evidence that backs this, which country is broken to pieces currently due to a police state?

Because at the moment all I have is our word/opinion on the matter.

I have heard this - guess its all down to personal opinion on this one.

Don't have it in front of me but NO!. The word illegal is used toward the middle of the paragraph. The story then goes off on other things that are legal.

Let me grab the Paragraph which only states UNPoA - "UN Small Arms Programme of Action (UNPoA)
By consensus between states in 2001, the UN small arms Programme of Action (UNPoA), placed a politically, but not a legally binding commitment on national governments to implement the measures agreed upon, and to provide the UN with periodic national reports on their progress. These commitments have been summarised as: 'regulating small arms transfers and brokering activities; criminalising the illegal manufacture, possession, stockpiling and trade of small arms and light weapons; ensuring that weapons be marked and registered; enforcing arms embargoes; destroying surplus and confiscated weapons; raising public awareness; and implementing disarmament, demobilisation and reintegration programmes."

Right - This is the paragraph that states UNPoA, Now where in this paragraph does it claim that they want to take away LEGAL weapons?

There is nothing wrong here to me, Criminalise ILLEGAL manufacture,ILLEGAL possession,ILLEGAL stockpiling, ILLEGAL trade.

This is telling you that criminals are the target here, not you.

.No it was not sarcasm, it was the truth. Your countries activist helped get a law changed in order to remove hand guns from society as to not repeat a massacre of innocents.( much like your calling for action concerning the accident/negligent innocent deaths by guns here in the USA) Since your guns were taken away, there has been no noticeable decrease in deaths by the 'GUN' either with a massacre or without one. as I stated before" Gun Control does not Work' except in a totalitarian or communist societies. There if you have an illegal gun, it is automatic death to the owner. So, the masses do not have guns and live at the whims of those who do. (i.e. Mexico, most South American countries because of drug lords).

Would you be able to share these statistics and where they are from please. because to me you saying not noticeable says to me reducing the deaths by even 1 makes no difference to you.

Very different in my case.

I ask you again: Are you not lucky for being born in the UK and not the middle east or maybe China?

I do consider myself considerably lucky to be surrounded by such great people in my life but in my mind If life gave you a bad hand - It's you and only you who can make it right. ~(Or maybe a bit of luck given certain circumstances)~.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time

And this was allowed to happen why? surely people must have noticed this many times before due to her summing up a nice pension, she must have been there a while.

Change won't happen just sitting back and watching it proceed.

Where is the evidence that backs this, which country is broken to pieces currently due to a police state?

Because at the moment all I have is our word/opinion on the matter.

I have heard this - guess its all down to personal opinion on this one.

Let me grab the Paragraph which only states UNPoA - "UN Small Arms Programme of Action (UNPoA)
By consensus between states in 2001, the UN small arms Programme of Action (UNPoA), placed a politically, but not a legally binding commitment on national governments to implement the measures agreed upon, and to provide the UN with periodic national reports on their progress. These commitments have been summarised as: 'regulating small arms transfers and brokering activities; criminalising the illegal manufacture, possession, stockpiling and trade of small arms and light weapons; ensuring that weapons be marked and registered; enforcing arms embargoes; destroying surplus and confiscated weapons; raising public awareness; and implementing disarmament, demobilisation and reintegration programmes."

Right - This is the paragraph that states UNPoA, Now where in this paragraph does it claim that they want to take away LEGAL weapons?

There is nothing wrong here to me, Criminalise ILLEGAL manufacture,ILLEGAL possession,ILLEGAL stockpiling, ILLEGAL trade.

This is telling you that criminals are the target here, not you.

Would you be able to share these statistics and where they are from please. because to me you saying not noticeable says to me reducing the deaths by even 1 makes no difference to you.

Very different in my case.

I do consider myself very lucky to be surrounded by such great people in my life but in my mind If life gave you a bad hand - It's you and only you who can make it right. ~(Or maybe a bit of luck given certain circumstances)~.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Mr. Connor I wish you would leave my opinions to me. If it were a law then I would have to abide or get put in jail or die trying to prevent it from happening. Here in the USA, we have a law that you home is your castle nobody but nobody is supposed to impose on that unless you let them.

You could get put into Guantanamo Bay without being charged and then get tortured by the CIA et al.

So much for Americans trying to teach the terrorist fighters decent morals. It's just a big laugh for the yanks, they dive in, make things worse, then pull out and leave everyone fighting like now in Iraq.

No wonder the USA is the laughing stock of the world.

Col

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
My heart goes out to the families of all those killed by Muslim Terrorist in Paris this morning. It seems several other attempts had been thwarted but this was not. It seems the bloodshed in Europe has started. Keep your head low my friends.

Just rem. the law enforcement have to be right 100% and they (the terrorist) have to be right only once for people to die.

Blade

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 07:50
My heart goes out to the families of all those killed by Muslim Terrorist in Paris this morning. It seems several other attempts had been thwarted but this was not. It seems the bloodshed in Europe has started. Keep your head low my friends.

Just rem. the law enforcement have to be right 100% and they (the terrorist) have to be right only once for people to die.

Blade

Good Post!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

Blade

Does your "heart go out" for the 36 people killed and 60 people injured in Syria yesterday? How about those killed in Istanbul (Turkey) this morning by a suicide bomber?

Why single out Paris? Ah, of course, it was done by guns, suicide bombs don't count. That's ok then.

Col

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I have not heard of how many deaths occur daily from violence (war or otherwise). Of course in some parts of the world we may not find out about it for weeks (Mexico).

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Does your "heart go out" for the 36 people killed and 60 people injured in Syria yesterday? How about those killed in Istanbul (Turkey) this morning by a suicide bomber?

Why single out Paris? Ah, of course, it was done by guns, suicide bombs don't count. That's ok then.

Col

Hello Mr. ColinEssex: An innocent death anywhere in the world is bad and Yes, Collin, my heart goes out to those families. Why single out Paris? Simple, I did not know. The Paris killings are all over news (all of them). Why the difference Colin? Because to the us (the U.S.), the countries in the European Union are a little more special than the others. Oh, my goodness, that means that your life Colin, actually means something to someone outside of your family. oops? Sorry to ruin your day.

Blade

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Hello Mr. ColinEssex: An innocent death anywhere in the world is bad and Yes, Collin, my heart goes out to those families. Why single out Paris? Simple, I did not know. The Paris killings are all over news (all of them). Why the difference Colin? Because to the us (the U.S.), the countries in the European Union are a little more special than the others. Oh, my goodness, that means that your life Colin, actually means something to someone outside of your family. oops? Sorry to ruin your day.

Blade
come on Blade give the old guy a break. Your going to be old like that some day :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Oh, my goodness, that means that your life Colin, actually means something to someone outside of your family. oops? Sorry to ruin your day.

Blade

Ruin my day? No chance.

Every day of my life is ruined, why do you think I still smoke so much after having a heart attack? I pray to any god I will not wake up, but sadly I still do.
I know exactly what I will be doing tomorrow and every day until it ends, it's what I did today.

All I think of is multiple sclerosis and making sure my wife is cared for day and night, I get maybe 3 hours sleep or so. I don't want sympathy or money, I have plenty. I just want an end one way or another please.

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Ruin my day? No chance.

Every day of my life is ruined, why do you think I still smoke so much after having a heart attack? I pray to any god I will not wake up, but sadly I still do.
I know exactly what I will be doing tomorrow and every day until it ends, it's what I did today.

All I think of is multiple sclerosis and making sure my wife is cared for day and night, I get maybe 3 hours sleep or so. I don't want sympathy or money, I have plenty. I just want an end one way or another please.

Col

I'm puzzled by this line of thought, who will care for Mary when you have gone?

Brian

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Thought this was relevant :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/sisters-aged-15-11-murdered-4939652

Gun Control would have helped if they were kept as securely as they should be. (in my opinion), what do you think?

Honestly? It probably wouldn't have if they've had ANY kind of training or knowledge about guns. At 15, I was perfectly capable of swiping the key to my dad's trigger locks and gun cabinet, grabbing a gun, loading it, and using it. I wouldn't have, but I knew how to do it.

There's a world of difference between keeping guns away from a grade-school kid and from a teenager.

In this case, I'm fairly certain that if they hadn't had access to a gun, they'd have just grabbed a knife or a bat instead.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
I tend do disagree here Frothingslosh :/

In my opinion Gun crime is a lot easier to commit rather than knife crime due to the fact gun crime can be a quick fix (and a lot less brutal for the criminal).

Being family I think that it would have been a lot less likely to happen if it wasn't a gun. (kids tend to have a impulsive attitude to life, "A Gun! Niceee lets shoot it." or in this case sibling violence leading to the impulsive decision "He hit me, I'll shoot him")

In this case I would say it was a case of it being too easy to obtain the firearm.

Being an overly safe person myself I would have a cabinet that is locked just to get the key to the gun cabinet :D

Even letting the kids know or have a hint to where the key is hidden would be a bad idea in my books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom