How To Remove Candle Wax from A Mobile Phone (1 Viewer)

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
Today, 10:54
Rich said:
Try wearing it out on the streets over here and see what reaction you get :cool:

Which is playing into the 'arrogant paranoid' BS that is social stigmata -- most of which has no basis in any kind of reality and sort of defeats the whole purpose.

It's about men who are true to themselves not hiding behind some trussed up bearded flannel-wearing lumberjack image created god-knows-when by someone who was probably a closeted homosexual and dreaming about what he wanted to be in a society that wouldn't accept him for who he was.

~Chad

Edit: The 'reaction' in other people is frankly laughable. I'm assuming about being called 'gay' or taking things to fisticuffs or something along those lines. If wearing pink causes any sort of 'reaction' other than simple reaction to the fashion (looks great with your eyes, the cut makes your abs look flabby, etc) it's only proving the homophobia of the other--means they're probably in the closet themselves. Ask Freud. ;)

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
cheuschober said:
...Then you (as a metrosexual) don't have to 'prove' what a man you are by wearing busted up jeans and ripped t-shirts.

Of course, just wax your chest so your 'pectoralis majora appear much larger'... :p

Edit: Oh boy, Greg's online... Hope he has time for us!

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 15:54
Rich said:
What a bloody farcical society Bliar and co. are creating.
"We're going to crack down on bullies in schools, we're going to get tough on grime and the causes of grime ":rolleyes:

Yes, the teachers union person was interviewed on GMTV about this on tuesday, she was adament that the teacher should not get involved (except at the last minute)

But isn't this "you touched me - I'm going to sue you" attitude running alongside our "I can make free money here - money money money" society we have now? and I think that stems from the encouragement to get rich quick Thatcher era in the 80's with the stockmarket boom.

Col

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
KenHigg said:
Of course, just wax your chest so your 'pectoralis majora appear much larger'... :p

True... but you can't go shirtless everywhere--how could you get your slurpee at the 711? :p

In some seriousness, sometimes you (as a person) really DO feel comfortable in a busted up shirt and ragged jeans (I certainly have a pair from time to time). I wasn't attempting to insinuate that everyone who does is somehow wrong. But there's a certain level of care that, when taken, is good for both yourself and your partner. It helps your own self-image, compliments her by saying you're willing to go to a little extra trouble to look good, and believe it or not, wearing pink is a BRAVE thing to do--the flannel shirt is easy. ;)

~Chad

Ken: Just once I challenge you to wax your chest (don't worry it'll grow back in a month or two and doesn't actually hurt). Take a before picture and an after picture. You'd swear your pecs grew a couple inches in the after picture.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
cheuschober said:
If wearing pink causes any sort of 'reaction' other than simple reaction to the fashion (looks great with your eyes, the cut makes your abs look flabby, etc)

well, if you fancy a night or 2 nursing broken bones and a smashed up face in hospital, feel free to wear a pink outfit - getting smashed up because you wanted to "buck the norm" really does make one wonder, I'll stick to the leather biker jacket with a flick knife in the pocket, pink's not my colour.

Col

R

Rich

cheuschober said:
Which is playing into the 'arrogant paranoid' BS that is social stigmata -- most of which has no basis in any kind of reality and sort of defeats the whole purpose.

No it isn't, I've worn pink shirts in my youth when it was fashionable, now it isn't, I guess you guys are just a few years behind the times :p

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
ColinEssex said:
well, if you fancy a night or 2 nursing broken bones and a smashed up face in hospital, feel free to wear a pink outfit - getting smashed up because you wanted to "buck the norm" really does make one wonder, I'll stick to the leather biker jacket with a flick knife in the pocket, pink's not my colour.

Col

Just because it's 'the norm' doesn't mean its right. And how will it ever change if someone doesn't 'buck it' ? Gotta start somewhere. I suggest a pink outfit and titanium dress watch set off by a pair of matching titantium knuckles. ;)

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
Rich said:
No it isn't, I've worn pink shirts in my youth when it was fashionable, now it isn't, I guess you guys are just a few years behind the times :p

NewYork is never more than 3 weeks behind the fashion times :cool:. But just so you know, I wasn't somehow claiming pink shirts are the be-all-end-all of fashion. I was merely using them as what I thought would be an easily recognizable example of a type of fashion that most non-metro men would stay away from for reasons that have little to nothing to do with actual style (that being how the color looks on -you-).

~Chad

KenHigg

Local time
cheuschober said:
Ken: Just once I challenge you to wax your chest (don't worry it'll grow back in a month or two and doesn't actually hurt). Take a before picture and an after picture. You'd swear your pecs grew a couple inches in the after picture.

Thanks, but I'm good. I'll do the healthy diet and execize thing but I really don't see the need for bigger pecs :p . Now for a younger buck like yourself, trying to impress the ladies, I guess pecs are a big deal...

As for the sexual security thing - I think your hypothesis is weak at best...

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
KenHigg said:
Thanks, but I'm good. I'll do the healthy diet and execize thing but I really don't see the need for bigger pecs :p . Now for a younger buck like yourself, trying to impress the ladies, I guess pecs are a big deal...

Alright, alright... I'll give you that being married and all that probably takes a little of the edge of the need to be competitive. The first two (diet and exercise) are far more impt. anyway.

Just celebrated the 1yr with my little miss and I'll admit that I had a good 4 months during winter where I didn't wax because of the security of the relationship but now that it's night unto summer and we might be at the beach... well, I want to give her something to be proud of! :D

KenHigg said:
As for the sexual security thing - I think your hypothesis is weak at best...

Care to elaborate?

~Chad

KenHigg

Local time
cheuschober said:
NewYork is never more than 3 weeks behind the fashion times :cool:. But just so you know, I wasn't somehow claiming pink shirts are the be-all-end-all of fashion. I was merely using them as what I thought would be an easily recognizable example of a type of fashion that most non-metro men would stay away from for reasons that have little to nothing to do with actual style (that being how the color looks on -you-).

~Chad

I see pink shirts all the time around here. But, to be honest I never noticed them until my wife pointed them out. If she bought one and told me I looked ok in it, I wouldn't have any problem wearing it as long as it was comfortable. I doubt I would pick one out for myself though, as I guess I do prefer blues and browns, etc...

("titanium dress watch "? No wonder you can't afford kids :p )

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
KenHigg said:
("titanium dress watch "? No wonder you can't afford kids :p )

Oh please! Titanium is commonly used in watches these days. Look at any citizen or seiko product line. Those are the cheapest of the respectable watch lines. Any less and you can expect to be laughed out of a room for wearing it when you're next to $5000 Cartier's $8000 Movado's and $12000 Rolex's. A sturdy (as in last for the rest of your life) Seiko Titanium Kinetic Watch will run you about $140 if you know where to shop and you can hit it with a hammer and it'll keep on ticking. That and since it's in the kinetic line you'll never need a battery replaced which is both prudent and environmentally friendly. :D

~Chad

KenHigg

Local time
cheuschober said:
Alright, alright... I'll give you that being married and all that probably takes a little of the edge of the need to be competitive. The first two (diet and exercise) are far more impt. anyway.

Just celebrated the 1yr with my little miss and I'll admit that I had a good 4 months during winter where I didn't wax because of the security of the relationship but now that it's night unto summer and we might be at the beach... well, I want to give her something to be proud of! :D

I'm with you 100%. She must be a special girl. Hope you guys hook up...

cheuschober said:
Care to elaborate?

~Chad

Well, I suppose a definition of 'secure' would be in order. To me, secure means 'no doubt'. Is this acceptable to you?

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
KenHigg said:
I'm with you 100%. She must be a special girl. Hope you guys hook up...

That she is. :D Thankee!

KenHigg said:
Well, I suppose a definition of 'secure' would be in order. To me, secure means 'no doubt'. Is this acceptable to you?

MMhmm. :)

~Chad

KenHigg

Local time
cheuschober said:
Oh please! Titanium is commonly used in watches these days. Look at any citizen or seiko product line. Those are the cheapest of the respectable watch lines. Any less and you can expect to be laughed out of a room for wearing it when you're next to $5000 Cartier's $8000 Movado's and $12000 Rolex's. A sturdy (as in last for the rest of your life) Seiko Titanium Kinetic Watch will run you about $140 if you know where to shop and you can hit it with a hammer and it'll keep on ticking. That and since it's in the kinetic line you'll never need a battery replaced which is both prudent and environmentally friendly. :D

~Chad

Ok... My bad... I'm guessing my wife paid about that for the Seiko I have on :D

(Do expended watch batteries really cause that big of an environmental problem? :p )

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
cheuschober said:
Just because it's 'the norm' doesn't mean its right. And how will it ever change if someone doesn't 'buck it' ? Gotta start somewhere. I suggest a pink outfit and titanium dress watch set off by a pair of matching titantium knuckles. ;)
Fashion trends usually start with pop-stars or film stars.

Col

KenHigg

Local time
As for questioning the 'sexual identification' of metrosexuals it's actually just the opposite of what has been insinuated thusfar. Most metrosexuals are far more secure in their sexuality than your average man. Part of it is environmental--you tend to find metrosexuals in mostly urban settings where sexual liberation is less supressed. In less liberal settings (IE sub-urbanity), you have a considerably higher population of in-the-closet individuals and that leads to an overall greater insecurity for the population. Simple ignorance of the homosexual community (at least by extended experience with) and strong religious ties (almost all of which are anti-homosexual) also contribute to a greater sexual insecurity (by population).

Metrosexuals tend to have considerably more experience with the homosexual community (like me when I was an actor and the only straight man in a room of 50). In an environment like that everyone is free to be, whomever they want to be--the pressure that makes heterosexuality a 'preferable choice' (though sexual preference is never a choice but choosing to engage in hetero or homosexual activity can be argued to be a choice) is removed. So in that circumstance males tend get in touch with their own sexuality far more deeply only because there's no reason to hide.

Ok... So the way I'm reading this is that because a homosexual is affraid to come out of the closet in the town where I live, this somehow makes me less secure? That I begin to doubt the fact that I am attracted to ladies?

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Fashion trends usually start with pop-stars or film stars.

Col

Oh you mean like James Dean and the leather jacket craze? :rolleyes:
~Chad

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
KenHigg said:
Ok... So the way I'm reading this is that because a homosexual is affraid to come out of the closet in the town where I live, this somehow makes me less secure? That I begin to doubt the fact that I am attracted to ladies?

Nope. That's why I added the bit about 'as a population.' That person lowers your percentage in the community, not you specifically. ;)

~Chad

Edit: It also sets up a precedence for dishonesty regarding sexual identity in these communities. That is not to say everyone is dishonest, merely that it is part of the system. As a data wrangler you know as well as I that you can't call data accurate if you change the data in 10% of your records just because they don't suit the numbers you want to report. It compromises the whole system to some extent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom