Solved I used to be able to copy objects from one database to another but now I get error code 3734 (1 Viewer)

spaLOGICng

Local time
Today, 09:46
There might genuinely be a corruption. I would be inclined to close the database, copy it for safety, and then open it as a single user and try a compact and repair, or maybe even import everything into a new database.

There was an access issue a year or two ago, maybe longer, that kept producing that issue. Maybe something like that is catching you out.

By the way, I agree with @Pat Hartman . I wouldn't want anyone making changes in my databases.
There is no corruption. I even tested this on two very simple databases. Same issue.

But I am down to the version of the database, whether it was upgraded from previous versions or created in the current version.

spaLOGICng

Local time
I disagree with part of this statement. Not sure what 'pure' means in this context.

1. I can safely drag & drop almost (*) any object: which isn't open. Other unrelated objects can be open without problems
2. The object being dragged must first be saved if any changes have been made.
3. The two application windows must be on the same monitor (as previously stated) and should not overlap
4. Dragging a linked table imports it which is probably unwanted behavious. If you repeat the process, you can overwrite as a linked table

...almost(*) ...
However I can't drag any object from a database with linked Sharepoint lists. Not even local tables totally unrelated to SP.

View attachment 113685

Closing and reopening has no effect.
I suspect SQL Azure / Dataverse may behave in the same way (not tested)
Other types of linked table e.g. SQL Server / Access / DBF / Otlook / CSV / Excel / HTML aren't an issue
I though SharePoint was the culprit in this case. I thought I rulled out but I have been through so much other work that I forgot the actual test steps that I had taken to rule it out.

KitaYama

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:46
3. The two application windows must be on the same monitor (as previously stated) and should not overlap
I can drag objects from a file and drop it to another application on a different monitor,
I also can drag and drop when applications are overlapped.

2024-04-15_17-06-12.gif

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 17:46
I can drag objects from a file and drop it to another application on a different monitor,
I also can drag and drop when applications are overlapped.

If it works for you, that's fine. I find neither works reliably.

MsAccessNL

Local time
Today, 18:46
I got the same error with Access 2010. All objects (on both databases) must be closed before i can drag drop or import. One db with sharepoint connextion gives this error to.

dripyanim

Local time
Today, 22:16
I have seen this error, when another (perhaps hidden) instance is already running on my desktop.

spaLOGICng

Local time
I have seen this error, when another (perhaps hidden) instance is already running on my desktop.
Unfortunately, that is not the issue. It is related to a technical issue with the way the DB is configured, just have not been able to put a finger on it yet. Even when I reboot my PC and start from scratch and open the DB's holding down the shift key to bypass startup code, I still cannot copy.

I have checked the Resource Manager and there is an apparent security restriction on the parent folder, but I removed that and still did not solve the problem.

spaLOGICng

Local time
I have pretty much narrowed it down to Databases that are connected to SharePoint. Apparently SP places some type of security restriction on the Application. This may be controlled by the data governance section of SP and the specific Site.

Thanks for your help!

spaLOGICng

Local time
I disagree with part of this statement. Not sure what 'pure' means in this context.

1. I can safely drag & drop almost (*) any object: which isn't open. Other unrelated objects can be open without problems
2. The object being dragged must first be saved if any changes have been made.
4. Dragging a linked table imports it which is probably unwanted behavious. If you repeat the process, you can overwrite as a linked table

...almost(*) ...
However I can't drag any object from a database with linked Sharepoint lists. Not even local tables totally unrelated to SP.

View attachment 113685

Closing and reopening has no effect.
I suspect SQL Azure / Dataverse may behave in the same way (not tested)
Other types of linked table e.g. SQL Server / Access / DBF / Otlook / CSV / Excel / HTML aren't an issue
After further review and testing, I believe this is the issue. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom