Pop Up Form not "popping" up. Very tiny little box. ?? (1 Viewer)

culpees

Access Technologist
Local time
, 21:10
I'm pretty versed in access and have created many many forms including pop up forms. BUT on this one little occasion for some very odd reason I can not get my pop up form to 'pop.'

When I click to see it in form view it doesn't show up.. At first I thought access had actually closed the form and couldn't see it in my task bar nor my alt-tab view.

BUT I did notice a small, very tiny box with a # in it in the upper left corner of my screen. It was the pop up form. I'm unable to right click in it anywhere to go to design due to it's crazy small size but instead, am able to click 'design view' in the access application and it will change it back to design for me.

These are some basic form settings I have selected which apply to the pop up:
Continuous Form
Auto Resize- yes
Auto Center- yes
Pop up- yes
Modal- no

I've tried changing any of these to no avail. The only thing that makes the form work is to change it from a pop up to a regular form... but then again, that defeats the purpose right?

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Randi

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
, 22:10
Have your tried:

Code:
DoCmd.MoveSize 1440, 2400, , 2000

The numbers are hypothetical, you would need to develop your own. Look-up in Access Help.

culpees

Access Technologist
Local time
No. I was trying to stay away from using code just yet. I know it's an option though.

I don't understand why so many pop up forms later this is the one that won't work when it's a simple form with only 4 fields on it and no bells and whistles. So weird.

Thanks for your suggestion! I think that may be my only option here.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
, 20:10
What version of Access are you using? Try turning off the AutoResize.

culpees

Access Technologist
Local time
I'm running 03.

I tried undoing the autoreset prior to posting here BUT (big but) I think I undid it in conjunction with something else. It obviously didn't work then.

ALTHOUGH I tried it again here and it worked by itself!! Yeah! So this morning was a bum morning with a bum problem.

Thanks for your reply!

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:10
if you open the popup on its own, does it open normally?

cant you just redesign it, move something, and save it again, resized - so that then it should open properly the next time?

culpees

Access Technologist
Local time
When it opens, it opens with a small box that came up to be 1/8" in width and 1/4" in height in the upper left corner when in form view. Couldn't see any more than a symbol in it and half of the close X.
And actually...changing the size of it in design literally did nothing for it.
It is the weirdest thing. One of the reasons why I think Access can be 'jicky.'

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
I believe you can also resolve this issue by opening the form in Form view and then go to Window>Size to fit Form and then save it.

culpees

Access Technologist
Local time
Well the Size to Fit Form is grayed out and won't allow me to select it.

Aside from that though, it's working now due to the auto resize.

Thanks for your post!

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time

Thanks for your post!
Turn off PopUp and try it.

WIS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:10

Thanks for your post!

This should fix your problem.

Go to form design. Open the form properties box and change any ppty but then put it back to it's original value. eg If Allow Form View = Yes, make it No and then back to Yes. (This is the key to being able to alter the size and position of the pop up form).

DO NOT SAVE THE FORM AT THIS STAGE.

Go to View and run the form. To resize go to the bottom RH corner of the form and drag it to make the form look about the right size.

Go to the title bar of the form and move it to about the posn on the screen you'd like to see it at.

NOW SAVE THE FORM and run it again.

Repeat the above until you are happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom