Problem with ActiveX control (1 Viewer)

DJNickWatt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:24
Hi there

I have an ActiveX Grid control (http://www.janusys.com - GridEx2000b) which I am using on a form in Access 2007. The Grid works fine (bound to a back end access database table) however it produces a beep when I press the backspace key in a cell on the grid. It deletes the character OK and the changes are reflected in the back end table. By using a msgbox in the KeyPress event of the grid I was able to get the following message in the status bar:

"Records can't be deleted with this form".

I have set the Key Preview option of the form to yes to try and trap the keystroke before it is passed to the grid. It obviously tells me that it was a back space key that was hit with the KeyCode of 8, but no error is produced at this time. The character is then obviously passed to the Grid control where again I was able to ascertain it was a backspace key but the status bar quickly flashes the above message, the system beeps but control is then passed back to the ActiveX control and the character is deleted.

I then re-created the form using Access 2003. Everything works absolutely fine. No beeps or status.

I am absolutely stumped. I can't understand why the problem occurs in Access 2007 but not is Access 2003. I have both versions of Access running on this machine so it can't be that I am using a different machine.

Any help would be greatly appeciated.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:24
Have you tried posting this issue on the Janus GridEX 2000 forum?

DJNickWatt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:24
Yeah I have been emailing support. They suggested a sandbox issue. I disabled sandbox and the problem still exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom