Re-Linking Access to Excel.... (2 Viewers)

Kill_Switch

Go Easy I'm New
Local time
Today, 13:48
Greetings,

Got an issue at work that was discovered, roughly 4 months too late.. yay for me for only one in the office who knows anything about Access. Found this as we were leaving/caluculating last minute monthly stats.

So basically here is my issue.

We have 2 access databases that gets daily info inputted. Then they get queried at the end of the month to gather stats (Through Excel). One database works fine, and Excel gets it's data correctly when the "Master Query" gets updated to grab that last months data. Now eveything was working fine till someone screwed up the hiearchy of the folders and renamed alot of folders. And we cannot tell what the originaly name/ file path was... to make it all work again. So I need to get the external data working again.

Now, for this one workbook it gets the following table data from acces, but only the monthly total count is displayed. I'm sure it'll make sense as I go on.

So in the Access Table it gathers the following Info:
Date:
Aircraft No.:
Scheduled Flight
Delayed Ops
Delayed Maintenence
Etc...

Now, in the Excel workbook, all the sheet says is
Countof Scheduled Flight 0
Countof Delayed Ops 0
Countof .. 0

I know this is due to the file path change to the database (FRPS.mdb). I'v been trying to find out how to re-link the Spreadsheet to the database, but I can't see how to do so.

I know in Access it's Tools, linked table manager... but how to do so in Excel. Cause it retrieves external data from the access database...

I tried searching through google, but again I find myself coming to AWF for the answer.

Thanks all

///edit///

Basically is there a way I can repoint the workbook to use foldera/2/frps.mdb, instead of the old foldersxyz/fprs.mdb? Or will the queries have to be "rebuilt"

Last edited:

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 17:48
If you are in 2007 go to the Data ribbon and click External Data

See below

Attachments

• excel3.JPG
    excel3.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 253

Kill_Switch

Go Easy I'm New
Local time
Today, 13:48
Thanks Drake, is it basically the same for 2003? I should have specified before.

Also it's a countof function. Would that be the same for a query, as I think the countof is a result ofa query for the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom