Two fields will not save... (1 Viewer)

Strike_Eagle

Registered User.
Local time
, 21:11
I have a table with lots of different fields and field types. The two memo fields will not save. I have tried Runcommand and if me.dirty. Neither seems to work.

All fields are from one table and I have tried deleting the fields and repopulating them onto the form to help reset defaults. The only way the two fields save is if I hit Ctrl-S.

None of the 100+ fields on this one form (yes, it is large, weird part is it fits Normalization upthrough BNSF) have the same problem. They all save fine with or without the extra code.

I am at a loss and am pleading to the masses. I am using Windows 7 and Access 2010. Thanks for your help in advance!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
, 22:11
Can you post a copy of your database (no confidential info) in zip format?
We only need a few records (enough to highlight the issue).

Strike_Eagle

Registered User.
Local time
I wish I could, unfortuantely it gets into proprietary information.

Have you heard of anything like this before? All fields but these two save and they come from the same table with the only macros/vba being the buttons and load/unload events. None of which has anything to do with any field in specific.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I haven't heard of this specifically, but there's lots of situations and conditions with little idiosyncrasies. Memo fields are notorious for issues/ temperamental.
How much data in the memo fields?

Can you fake the data?-- I don't want anything proprietary or confidential. Just some junk data to represent the memo and the issue.

Strike_Eagle

Registered User.
Local time
It isn't just the data that is...it is also the labels and code unfortunately. Basically, anything useful! The fields typically have less than 300 characters but sometimes go well above. This is also actually a sharepoint list. A multiple Lines Of Text field.

Additionally, I should mention that this field, with no changes to the database or sharepoint site whatsoever, saved just fine yesterday evening. It stopped saving this morning though.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have no experience (or knowledge) of Sharepoint.
If you just started to see "abnormal" behavior, it might be a sign of corruption. You could try Compact/Repair and see if it clears.
Or you could try to create a new empty database, then copy individual tables, queries, forms.... to the new database.

Strike_Eagle

Registered User.
Local time
I tried that too. I am at a loss. I appreciate your insight, hopefully I can figure it out. If I ever do, I will post it here. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom