UK loves fast food (1 Viewer)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:32
wow this is a shock.

I really thought the US would be way ahead of anybody else on the fast food addiction. :eek:

Link

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
, 20:32
I didn't read this too closely but,

"In terms of fast food, Britain 45 percent of Britons agreed with the statement "I like the taste of fast food too much to give it up" ahead of 44 percent for Americans and Canadians at 37 percent.
"

I agree with the statement - I wouldn't give up my take away veggie low fat curry every 3 months. That counts just the same as the guy who eats nothing but burgers, pizza coke, etc saying he wouldn't give them up.

In actual fact everyone is answering the question posed in totally individual ways, so the stats are relatively useless.

The man who eats nothing but burgers, pizza, and cola - who says he could give them up - doesn't count at all in the percentage stats- again showing what rubbish they are!

Last edited:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Interesting.

I just finished a book by Gordon Ramsey that I got for Christmas. In one part he was saying how he refused to endorse a supermarkets 'healthy' instant prepared meal product saying it was total 'crap' and 'unhealthy'. The supermarket said he was crazy because they sold millions of these products every year. Ramsey said it didn't surprise him but he still wasn't putting his name against it.

I think the point is, is that just because your fast food provider says its wonderful, doesn't necessarily mean it is.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Surely a refusal to give something up suggests a greater 'passion' for it and consequently you do it as much as you can or at least are tempted to.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Interesting.

I just finished a book by Gordon Ramsey that I got for Christmas. In one part he was saying how he refused to endorse a supermarkets 'healthy' instant prepared meal product saying it was total 'crap' and 'unhealthy'. The supermarket said he was crazy because they sold millions of these products every year. Ramsey said it didn't surprise him but he still wasn't putting his name against it.

I think the point is, is that just because your fast food provider says its wonderful, doesn't necessarily mean it is.

Who dislikes you that much that they got you this?:confused:

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Surely a refusal to give something up suggests a greater 'passion' for it and consequently you do it as much as you can or at least are tempted to.

Quantifying the how much and temptation would have improved the stats - as it is the whole thing is so open to subjective interpretation - that its meaningless.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Who dislikes you that much that they got you this?:confused:

You won't be surprised that I actually asked for it :D

He's been on the TV alot here. On BBC America and the Fox network. I kind of enjoyed him screaming and swearing at people. He seemed to come over as genuine.

Am I wrong :confused:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Quantifying the how much and temptation would have improved the stats - as it is the whole thing is so open to subjective interpretation - that its meaningless.

I guess looking at the question again, it is kinda vague and yes my interpretation of the question could easily be just one of many.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Hes as genuine as the supermarket selling the crap unhealthy food?? Problem is hes selling something!?

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
I guess looking at the question again, it is kinda vague and yes my interpretation of the question could easily be just one of many.

A good example of the crap the BBC is doing with licence payers money though!

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
where did they ask the question ( inside a McDonalds perhaps..?)

what are we classing as fast food ??

any report like this is going to be disjointed and mis represented ...

if they asked the question in the UK inside a MacDonalds then the answers might be askew from say France where they asked the people in a supermarket ...

take these reports with a pinch of salt..

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
"Britons love their fish and chips," said Garton, while Synovate's head in France Thierry Pailleux underlined the different Gallic perspective.

this shows how out of touch the french are with Brit tastes -- while I like fish and chips - give me a curry any day or even an indian ..

R

Rich

He's been on the TV alot here. On BBC America and the Fox network. I kind of enjoyed him screaming and swearing at people. He seemed to come over as genuine.

He's only outdone by the American contestants whooping and screaming like bloody banshees when they get through to the next round:rolleyes:

statsman

Local time
, 23:32
So the Brits are hooked on fast food as well.

Welcome to the wonderful world of obesity and premature heart attacks.

If you didn't cook it yourself, you don't know whats in it. Most prepared meals are mostly salt and sugar anyway. Why...they're sold by weight. Salt and sugar are cheap and they're heavy.

R

Rich

Isn't a bowl of cereal fast food, along with stir fry, pasta, rice, frozen veg etc. etc?:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom