Subreport Headers (1 Viewer)

SkyCraw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:44
I'm currently tweaking a report with three sub-reports; adding/changing a few fields and other simple tasks. One request has been given to make the sub-report's report header to appear in the main report's page header for the duration (multiple pages) of each sub-report.

Is this even possible, whether physically report structuring or promptly via vba? I know the report header in any sub-report will show in the main report, but nothing in the page header will.

Any guidance on this would help a lot :)

EDIT: If this helps any, would there be anyway (in vba) to update label(s) in a main report to equal the labels in the subreport's report header depending on the page?

The attached accdb has the raw report structure I'm currently working on.

Attachments

• Reportdb.accdb
    932 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

SkyCraw

Registered User.
Local time
Checking through my forum posts and, if anyone wants to know how to do this, just create a dummy group based on an expression (=0) and remove the page header/footer.

Once this is done, just set your new dummy group's "Repeat Section" property to "Yes" and presto! The dummy group header will be repeated on every new page for the subreport :)

Johnny Drama

In need of beer...
Local time
Today, 14:44
SkyCraw,

I'm having the same problem you had, but I'm not sure what you mean by creating a dummy group (=0). Can you clarify for me?

Thanks!

SkyCraw

Registered User.
Local time
SkyCraw,

I'm having the same problem you had, but I'm not sure what you mean by creating a dummy group (=0). Can you clarify for me?

Thanks!

Sure!

Just go into your subreport do the following:
  1. Click on "Add a Group"
  2. Select "Expression"
  3. When the Expression Window appears, type in "=0" and click OK
  4. Make this group only have a header section
  5. Click on the group's header section
  6. Go to Property Sheet and make sure "Repeat Section" is set to "Yes"
  7. Done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom