got a few questions for the gamers around here... (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 10:27
Scott-Atkinson

I used to enjoy both Warhammer 40K and the epic version. That was a fair time ago though. For Darklands how often do new mini's come out? And do older mini's become obsolete? One reason I got out of this kind of gaming was the price tag on re-buying your army every year or two to keep up with the "Current" mini. Almost as bad as CCGs.

These days for table top games I've a preference for RPGs. I can use what ever I want for a mini and often I've found them far more enjoyable.

The game itself has been around since 2006, but is not mainstream on the levels of 40K or AoS.

In the time i've been playing I've only known 1 model get discountiued from the game, and new models are released but they add to the factions rather than replace existing models.

The Factions are;

Anglecynn - The Anglo Saxons from the Dark Ages circa 650AD but with a Werewulf / Great Bear spin. They are pretty fast, hard hitting, great Ambushers, but generally Glass Cannons..

Albain - Picts north of Hadrians wall, very much anti-magic, hart hitters, with Giants and Ogres

Erainn - Irish Celts, lots of Healing and Creationist magic, in tune with Nature, and with mighty Trees and Earth Beasts.

Fomoraic - Borne from Erainn legends, these are creatures and men who live beyond the Ice sheets, heavy offensive Magic, with large sea creatures in tow

Norse - Vikings from Daneland across the North Sea, In tune with Nature especially the weather, they bring Trolls and giant Birds to the Battlefield

Byzanti - What is left of the collapsed Roman empire, highly trained, strategic fighters who have aligned themselves with the Anti-Christ, they bring Demons and great Fighting Lions and Beasts with them..

Inferni - Demons from the Anti-Christ, loosely aligned with the Byzanti but seeking dominance over all mankind without prejudice, aligning with Byzanti suits them at the moment..

Jutes - Undead and Underworlders, heavy arcane magic users, Ethereal and Corporeal, they bring great beasts from the dark underworld with them..

Ysians - Governed by a Great multiarmed Queen, her minions must cover their eyes at all times for they are not to behold her, this makes them skilled perception fighters, good magic users, they use flesh to build and bring hideous patchwork beasts with them..

Brythoniad - the Original Britons before the Roman incursion pushed them aside, they bring Magic and Dragons with them..

Atalantes - From the now diminishing islands of Atlantis, they bring Technology and Sun Power with them and great Colossal Bronze Contructs with them..

Kthones - Once enslaved to the Atalantes, they bring cunning and guille with them, primarily Serpent and Reptilian in nature, they bring huge Reptile Beasts with them and a few surprises..

Vras - Earth Dweller creatures, great ambushers coming up from below in the midst of the enemies, heavy hitters but particularly slow..

If you like the sound of it i've got plenty of images of the fanction minis that I can send to you..

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 02:27
Scott-Atkinson.

Do you have a link? Sounds like a blast!

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 10:27
Scott-Atkinson.

Do you have a link? Sounds like a blast!

The link is below to the Mierce Miniatures website, these are the Miniatures for the game but they are also used for many other games like AoS, 9th Age, and Kings of War..

Their not cheap but the sculpts and minis are amazing even the Metal ones are brilliantly detailed.

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php

I've attached the Muster profiles for the Anglecynn faction so you can see the type of units you can use, don't expect you to understand it all...lol

If you PM me with your email address I will send you some larger PDF files about the armies themselves and what each unit can do...etc, these files are too large to attach on the forum.

Attachments

• Darklands - Anglecynn Muster - v2.01 - mustering - playtest.pdf
    70.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom