How to Auto Center my subForm Control (1 Viewer)

qweeqweg

Local time
Today, 08:32
Hello Friends

My parent form contains a control (sfctl), in which, there resides a subform. I have set 'Auto Center' on the subform and it is centered nicely within the control. However, I cannot figure out how to auto center the control on the parent form. There is no auto center option for that. :(

My work looks wonderful on 'MY' monitor.. but it looks awful on my Manager's screen. I'm in need of some guidance.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 09:32
Probably want to use a form resizer code

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:32
Hi. If the Resizing tool/code doesn't work for you, I think you could try Anchoring with some "trickery."

qweeqweg

Local time
Thank you, MajP.. looking at the examples, I'm not sure this will help me. I'll look deeper into it, but it looks like a lot of work for such a little issue. My parent form is set to maximize on open. I just need the subform to auto center on the parent to accommodate different size monitors.

qweeqweg

Local time
Hi. If the Resizing tool/code doesn't work for you, I think you could try Anchoring with some "trickery."

Hi DBguy.. I was looking at anchoring as a solution. I don't know enough about anchoring to quickly resolve my issue. I guess it's time to learn about it.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:32
Hi DBguy.. I was looking at anchoring as a solution. I don't know enough about anchoring to quickly resolve my issue. I guess it's time to learn about it.
Hi. If you go to my blog site and search for "anchoring," it will give you the basics but does not include the "trickery" part. Maybe it will help.

Sent from phone...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:32
As the author of the resizing code and tutorial, I can honestly say that almost all the hard work has been done already.
Import the module modResizeForm and then add one line of code ResizeForm Me in the Form_Load event of your form.

Its far simpler to use than anchoring as well as being much more powerful in terms of what it can do

qweeqweg

Local time
As the author of the resizing code and tutorial, I can honestly say that almost all the hard work has been done already.
Import the module modResizeForm and then add one line of code ResizeForm Me in the Form_Load event of your form.

Its far simpler to use than anchoring as well as being much more powerful in terms of what it can do

Thanks Isladogs! I have your examples. I'll look at them soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom