Is Bernie Sanders Persona Real? (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 14:55
Politicians are not noted for being truthful. Elizabeth Warren, as one example, has demonstrated that she openly displays a fake persona. So we don't know who she is or what she actually stands for. My question has nothing to do with Bernie's politics, but whether we (as potential voters) are seeing the true Bernie.

My concerns over Bernie's character have been triggered by the fact that he joined the Democratic witch-hunt on the Trump administration.This implies that he will resort to using gutter politics (no matter how disgusting) to win. Should he be elected President, this would suggest a corrupt administration.

Recently some Democratic Senators, including Sanders called on Attorney General Barr to resign. "9 Democratic senators, including Warren and Sanders, formally call for Barr's resignation". Again, it seems that Sanders is being willingly sucked into anti-Trump hysteria for political gain. So how independent of a thinker is Sanders really since he is going along with the crowd?

Peter Schweizer in his new book: "Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power"; alleges that Sanders used the typical ploy of hiring family members as paid consultants for his campaigns. Sander's wife, was associated with a loan scandal.
"Jane Sanders and the Messy Demise of a Vermont College". The prior sentence, needs the immediate follow up that merely being "associated" is not evidence of actual wrong doing.

Republican have been quite vocal in acknowledging Sanders was cheated in 2016 by a crooked Democratic primary process. This shaddy Democratic process continues today. Tulsi Gabbard has sporadically spoken out against Democrats manipulating the election process but not Sanders. I find that puzzling. Even more ironic, the Republican have given Sanders positive press and he trashes the Republicans in return!!! Of course, Sanders is running against Republicans; nevertheless I wonder what it says about Sanders' character.

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 13:55
I realize this is a bumped thread.
Should he be elected President, this would suggest a corrupt administration.
2 things:

=> he will never be president (there's no way to take down corporate greed and their ties to the congressional folk)
=> every administration is corrupt.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
=> he will never be president (there's no way to take down corporate greed and their ties to the congressional folk)
=> every administration is corrupt.
When it comes to politics never say "never". Trump was never supposed to win. Hillary, received more of the popular vote (assuming that they were all legal). Which demonstrates that a large number of the electorate is quite ignorant. Hillary should never have received the number of votes that she did.

People are leaving states, such as California, and moving to states, like Nevada. Nevada, should be a solid Republican state, but enough people have left California and are turning Nevada Democratic.

Finally, the Corona virus is a "black swan" event that will potentially have a significant adverse effect on the Trump administration.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
are you saying that Hillary would NOT have ties to the corporate world if she was in there? the fact that he was elected instead of her means nothing in this regard.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
For once, Adam, I am actually on your side in a limited way. Hillary had ties to "Big Pharma." She was going to expand Medicare and Medicaid and as a result would have increased the willingness of the government to pay for overpriced drugs. They were looking at a multi-billion-dollar payday that didn't materialize. But HRC's ties to the corporate world were know ahead of time - at least through pharmaceutical companies. Not limiting my statement to ONLY "Big Pharma." If you know of other HRC ties to big business, that's cool.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
HRC = human rights campaign? i don't give anythings about politics Richard. so it's a miracle that you agree with anything I said.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
are you saying that Hillary would NOT have ties to the corporate world if she was in there? the fact that he was elected instead of her means nothing in this regard.
Sorry but you are mischaracterizing what I said to imply something else. What I said was: "Which demonstrates that a large number of the electorate is quite ignorant." The word corporation is not there.

I overlooked a couple of points in my prior response.

Biden's mental status is suspect. (He does offer to compete by seeing who can do more push-ups.)

Bernie offers a simple and popular message. The government owes you. Free stuff for all and you are not responsible for any bad decisions. The government will take care of you. So don't count him out yet.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
that's why Bernie can't win. corporations rule, and they sleep with politicians. it will be a cold day in hell before that changes. and by that time,
Matthew [3-end] would've taken place already anyway.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
that's why Bernie can't win. corporations rule, and they sleep with politicians. it will be a cold day in hell before that changes. and by that time, Matthew [3-end] would've taken place already anyway.
Explain this. If corporations rule, why do many billionaires, such as Soros, Bloomberg, Styer, and Bezos support the Democratic party?

Also the New York Times and Washington Post are serving as propaganda agents for the Democratic party.

Cognitive dissonance comes into play here. Rationally, it would seem that billionaires would support conservative politicians who would give them sweet tax breaks, not the Democrats who propose to tax them to death. But then politicians lie, so the billionares may already know that the fix is in to actually protect them from taxes.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Explain this. If corporations rule, why do many billionaires, such as Soros, Bloomberg, Styer, and Bezos support the Democratic party?
they support the Democratic party simply because they know they are rich and they know they are scared to be poor but yet they don't think they can educate the other people and such they support the party that will help those poor people survive but yet they don't do much to do them do for themselves. If people were properly educated and respected and helped to become intelligent people there would be no need for shit like this to go on at the upper levels of society

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
If that doesn't make sense that's probably because I'm talking into my Samsung phone. Sorry about that!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
If that doesn't make sense that's probably because I'm talking into my Samsung phone. Sorry about that!
Don't worry about that. The world is suffering from mass insanity and delusions.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:55
The military industrial complex, FBI, CIA, NSA and others were betting heavily on Hillary. When that didn't happen they implemented plan B.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You asked about HRC. That is Hillary Rodham Clinton. Go back and re-read my post in that light.

zeroaccess

Local time
Sorry but you are mischaracterizing what I said to imply something else. What I said was: "Which demonstrates that a large number of the electorate is quite ignorant." The word corporation is not there.

I overlooked a couple of points in my prior response.

Biden's mental status is suspect. (He does offer to compete by seeing who can do more push-ups.)

Bernie offers a simple and popular message. The government owes you. Free stuff for all and you are not responsible for any bad decisions. The government will take care of you. So don't count him out yet.
Biden is slipping, mentally. He just doesn't seem very sharp anymore. I don't understand his popularity with the electorate at all. His popularity with center and center-right policies and associations with corporate money are obvious.

But you are grossly mischaracterizing Bernie's message. It's simple, and it doesn't revolve around free stuff or no responsibility. In fact, he never claims either.

The point is that we should be getting a much better return on the investment of our tax dollars. That, and the tax breaks we give to the already wealthy and the money we spend on wars could be put to better use improving our society. We are already paying for it, and we aren't getting it.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
sorry bout that, Richard. I must have been a little too blinded by the light at the moment of my reply. maybe it's because there's so much light everywhere? lol. per the king:
the eye is the lamp of the body. lest the light in you be darkness

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Bernie does admit that his giveaways are not free but he proposes that the "rich" pay for everything. He has stopped railing against millionaires and billionaires because he is actually a member of the millionaire class and owns three homes. So now he just rails against billionaires. Most Americans don't even "own" one home. The bank owns the one they live in. The people who don't think the rich don't pay their fair share have never looked at a chart that shows the percentages of the population who actually pay all the tax money the government collects. The number varies from year to year but something in the neighborhood of 47% of the income earning population doesn't actually pay income tax (they still pay payroll tax (SS)). So if only 53% of the population actually pays a tax, wouldn't they be the ones to benefit from a tax cut? The number of billionaires in the US varies depending on your source and so does their total net worth. Latest numbers from the fact check web site are 550 billionaires with 1.3 trillion in net worth. If we confiscated ALL their net worth, that would be enough to run the US government for about 9 months so, I don't think it is feasible to have the billionaires pay for everything. These numbers only makes sense if you recognize that we're running a huge deficit and so I think we're borrowing almost a trillion dollars each year.

Bernie is for reparations. Exactly who qualifies to receive and who has to pay is a mystery. For example, my "people" came over on the boat at the end of the 19th century after slavery was abolished. Should I pay. Neither I nor of my ancestors participated. My neighbor is an immigrant from Somaliland . Should he receive? Only ignorant people think that America is racist. If we're so racist, why do poor people of all colors do anything they can to get here?

Bernie is for forgiving student loan debt. Why would we reward people who made poor choices and always have this year's iPhone and a big SUV and the biggest TV they can fit in their living room? My daughter and I are funding college for my twin granddaughters because the girls made prudent choices and are living almost within our budget. By making good choices, they'll end up with very little debt.

Bernie is for "free" health care for everyone in the country and since he is also for open borders, how does that not extend to everyone in the world?

Biden is simply a criminal. In addition to his family profiting from his name and him being on tape exchanging money for a service with a foreign official, he is also in the pocket of the big credit card companies. And then there is his increasing episodes of mindlessness. The incident with his wife and sister last week doesn't count. That was just plain funny and we should be laughing with him in that case instead of at him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom