File Transfer (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 05:26
When set my phone (MotoZ4) USB to file transfer, my computer (Win10) it goes right to my phone Internal shared storage. I then have to click Internal shared storage > DCIM > Camera and can now download desired picture to my hard drive. How do I set my computer to have it go directly to camera?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 09:26
I do not hink you can, however you can add the folder to Quick Access.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks for answering. I tried it, and it works, but still same about of clicks.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Plug in USB Internal shared storage shows up

First click, scroll up to top to get to get to quick access

Second Click, click quick access

Third click, click camera

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Ok, I'm not counting scrolls, I tend to use Ctrl + Home, but my Quick Access is always expanded, so I just click the relevant folder.?

I too like to be efficient and if I was doing this 400 times a day, I'd probably create a shortcut to do it, but the few times I plug my camera in, I can live with a few clicks each time. :)

However, even a shortcut is 2 clicks?

Last edited:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Ok, I'm not counting scrolls, I tend to use Ctrl + Home, but my Quick Access is always expanded, so I just click the relevant folder.?

I too like to be efficient and if I was doing this 400 times a day, I'd probably create a shortcut to do it, but the few times I plug my camera in, I can live with a few clicks each time. :)

However, even a shortcut is 2 clicks?
How true, however there are so many things that go into an equation which are as different as there are people and people’s experiences, goal, and desires. I know a woman that checks her email once a month. That would not work well for me, as I get about 25 emails a day, half is junk that I don’t even read, and just delete, the other half is some I have to answer. My accountant says he gets 30 a day he has to answer.

This may shock you, but this is the first time I have ever used Quick Access. [I am going to study it, however, to see if it can be of use to me in other ways]. Secondly, I very seldom have to transfer pictures until now. I recently dug some old coins out of my safe and developed a DB to record what I have. The name, date, condition was simple, but then I got the bright idea to put an image of each coin on the DB. Which means I have about 600 pictures to take. (had to do something until I can travel again) Clicks are not important, but time is. (EXAMPLE) My folder of incoming funds was called (Support Funds). It is something I use often. Each time I used it I would have to scroll and scroll. I renamed it (1Support Funds) now it is the first thing I see when I open explore.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I have an Android 9 phone, but if I were to take a bunch of pictures of something, be it coins, computers, shoes, whatever I would still use one of my cameras. Then I would put the card in my laptop and get the files that way.
Shortcut sounds the best way for yourself?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Then I would put the card in my laptop and get the files that way.
I'm curious about that. I just connect my DSLR or phone to my laptop with a USB cable and use FE to copy or cut and paste.
If that folder name starting with 1 will be referenced by a db, I would not do that, otherwise you will have to enclose it in brackets every time you refer to it. Better to use aSupportFunds IMO. I follow Access naming rules when it comes to naming folders as well, even if I think (at the time) I will never need to access it in a db. That means no spaces, special characters, not starting with a number, etc. when it comes to folders too.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I have an Android 9 phone, but if I were to take a bunch of pictures of something, be it coins, computers, shoes, whatever I would still use one of my cameras. Then I would put the card in my laptop and get the files that way.
Shortcut sounds the best way for yourself?
I tried that at first, but then when I got back to the project I had to put each coin under the magnifying glass again to see which coin was which. I only work on this when I am extremely bored. Now I take one coin, record country, date, face value, look up collector value on E-Bay and other sites, then take a picture and stick it into an image file. I have fix more things around the house since all this started than I have in fifteen year. Ia m considering breaking something so I can fix it.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I'm curious about that. I just connect my DSLR or phone to my laptop with a USB cable and use FE to copy or cut and paste.
If that folder name starting with 1 will be referenced by a db, I would not do that, otherwise you will have to enclose it in brackets every time you refer to it. Better to use aSupportFunds IMO. I follow Access naming rules when it comes to naming folders as well, even if I think (at the time) I will never need to access it in a db. That means no spaces, special characters, not starting with a number, etc. when it comes to folders too.
Well I know the samsung has a proprietary lead, so I have to go and dig that out. Not sure about the Canons, I will check, but it is so simple to pull the card and pop it in the laptop, going for a USB cable is not worth the trouble? Horses for courses I guess. ?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Well I know the samsung has a proprietary lead, so I have to go and dig that out. Not sure about the Canons, I will check, but it is so simple to pull the card and pop it in the laptop, going for a USB cable is not worth the trouble? Horses for courses I guess. ?
First I have to remove the rubber protective case on my phone. (not easy) then I have to hunt for considerable amount of time for tiny, very tiny pin that fits in the hole. Noting else in my universe fits. Then I go on line or to store to buy new pin. USB works best for me. Oh! forgot to mention, can't get rubber case back on. Drop phone, back to store, buy new phone. There's always a silver lining. I now have new pin!!! :)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Yes, Dick, but now I am talking about a proper camera.
I if wanted to do that with my phone, the hassle would be pretty much the same. I actually have to take the back off mine to get at the card.

I'll tell you what I am doing now and have been throughout the day.
I was in the garden yesterday and wanted to listen to some music on my fancy phone which I bought mainly to be my new high capacity mp3 player.
The album I wanted was not there.
Now if I plug the phone in, win10 recognises it but does not give it a drive letter. So AllwaySync, which I use, does not recognise it unless I put a ftp server on the phone. Win10 explorer recognises it, but complains of a file is there and if I say do not overwrite, it stops there. I cannot use a cmd window as it does not have a drive letter.
So nw I am using Filezilla to copy any missing file to my phone via FTP. The only decent server I can find for Android is Wifi FTP Server, so that slows it down as well. ?
Fortunately once done, the changes/uploads will be small.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Yes, Dick, but now I am talking about a proper camera.
I if wanted to do that with my phone, the hassle would be pretty much the same. I actually have to take the back off mine to get at the card.

I'll tell you what I am doing now and have been throughout the day.
I was in the garden yesterday and wanted to listen to some music on my fancy phone which I bought mainly to be my new high capacity mp3 player.
The album I wanted was not there.
Now if I plug the phone in, win10 recognises it but does not give it a drive letter. So AllwaySync, which I use, does not recognise it unless I put a ftp server on the phone. Win10 explorer recognises it, but complains of a file is there and if I say do not overwrite, it stops there. I cannot use a cmd window as it does not have a drive letter.
So nw I am using Filezilla to copy any missing file to my phone via FTP. The only decent server I can find for Android is Wifi FTP Server, so that slows it down as well. ?
Fortunately once done, the changes/uploads will be small.
Do you realize the demila you have put me in. Now I have to search all over the house for my regular cameras.(3) good idea, though as before phones with cameras, that was what I did. In fact my house keep found this little unit with an USB cable attached and asked me what it was for. It was a reader for my cards. I think one of my computers has a built in slot.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You do it the way you feel most comfortable with. My phone is mainly as a phone, though with a 256GB card in it, it became my new mp3 player.?
No one seemed to sell a high capacity mp3 player anymore unless the price was way out of what I would be prepared to pay, even as much as I value my music. :)
If I am out and about and feel the need to take a picture, then I would use the phone camera. However if I am going somewhere where I think I might take a picture, then I will take a camera. I would say however that I am 66 next month, so not one of those with the phone strapped to a hand 24/7 :)
In fact I pay for all my usage of the mobile phone, no plan, as it is used so infrequently. :) I pay around $40 a year on calls etc :) rofl

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
You do it the way you feel most comfortable with. My phone is mainly as a phone, though with a 256GB card in it, it became my new mp3 player.?
No one seemed to sell a high capacity mp3 player anymore unless the price was way out of what I would be prepared to pay, even as much as I value my music. :)
If I am out and about and feel the need to take a picture, then I would use the phone camera. However if I am going somewhere where I think I might take a picture, then I will take a camera. I would say however that I am 66 next month, so not one of those with the phone strapped to a hand 24/7 :)
In fact I pay for all my usage of the mobile phone, no plan, as it is used so infrequently. :) I pay around $40 a year on calls etc :) rofl
I have you beat by a few years. I will be 78 in Oct. In 2002 my wife and I were going to all the states on the west coast except UT, just couldn't fit it in. Since we were going that way we decided to visit Grand Canyon. All we had was a film camera, so I decided to buy a digital camera. In this store they were very inexpensive, but the clerk warned me they did not have a chip. I ask how many pictures it would take without a chip. She said between 16 and 20. I thought that should be plenty for this whole trip, so I bought it. We left the RV in the park and took the pick-up to the rim. That is when my wife started in. Take a picture of this, that this over there. 6 minutes flat the camera was full. Next day I went out and bought one with a chip.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I think he probably meant a card?
My first digital camera was a Canon A1 (and I still have it) . It was so early that there was quite a delay from pressing the button and the picture being taken. It has a proprietary battery, not AA. When I first started using it, I would use the display and not the viewfinder and everyone would ask when I was pointing it 'What are you doing' :)
I only mentioned my age so you would know I was not one of those youngsters, who might trip over not looking where they are going because of their phone and still hold on to it. I do not live by the bloody thing, which the youth seem to do these days. ;-)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
My Canon DSLR has a proprietary connection for the camera. The phones have different connections, even between phone models. All device cords have USB at the other end where the pc belongs so I don't get the comment about incompatability.
My old Canon A1 is a film camera. There is an A1 DSLR?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I have you beat by a few years. I will be 78 in Oct. In 2002 my wife and I were going to all the states on the west coast except UT, just couldn't fit it in. Since we were going that way we decided to visit Grand Canyon. All we had was a film camera, so I decided to buy a digital camera. In this store they were very inexpensive, but the clerk warned me they did not have a chip. I ask how many pictures it would take without a chip. She said between 16 and 20. I thought that should be plenty for this whole trip, so I bought it. We left the RV in the park and took the pick-up to the rim. That is when my wife started in. Take a picture of this, that this over there. 6 minutes flat the camera was full. Next day I went out and bought one with a chip.
BTW: I envy your phone bill. Mine is close to $200.00 a month.
I mean yo get back to you soon, but got distract by a physical aliment. It never occured to me to access a folder from a DB, but it interest me. Please give me some examples where that might be used.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
BTW: I envy your phone bill. Mine is close to $200.00 a month.

I mean yo get back to you soon, but got distract by a physical aliment. It never occured to me to access a folder from a DB, but it interest me. Please give me some examples where that might be used.
Should be "I meant to" this new format is driving me up a tree" I hit prev. seen my mistake and it wouldn't let me in too fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom