Best Online Certification Program? (1 Viewer)

hbrehmer

Local time
Today, 06:24
Hi All,

I have had some really good success writing a comprehensive ERP system for my company. I really enjoyed doing it and would like to learn more and possibly become certified. Any suggestions on a good online school or certification program?

Thanks for all the help on here!

Heidi

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:24
Any suggestions on a good online school or certification program?

I think your post might have been missed. I'm sure some members have some good advice, so I'm bumping it up the list to see if it gets a second look...

Dreamweaver

Local time
It would be of interest to me as well as There's a chance I wont have a job next month, so if the worse happens I talked with the mrs and we deided I would go back to collage at 57 :ROFLMAO:

hbrehmer

Local time
It would be of interest to me as well as There's a chance I wont have a job next month, so if the worse happens I talked with the mrs and we deided I would go back to collage at 57 :ROFLMAO:
I'm in the same boat - back to school at 53. Yikes!

HillTJ

To train a dog, first know more than the dog..
Local time
Today, 02:24
Yeh, i've considered getting some kind of "formal" training too. I'm 59!. I had a really good look at online courses and are suspicious as to the 'value' of the training provided. I worry that you spend the money and get some kind of 'qualification'. I continue to look & would definately like some recommendation.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Not sure of the benefit of these types of qualification - they are more a certification. However in my experience clients/employers are more interested in relevant experience

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
For employment purposes, I tend to agree with CJ.

Two facts of my experience at least.

1) employers care about my actual experience - and have never asked me (in my life) about having any type of "certification" (etc)
2) to the extent that I've been involved in interviewing/hiring other people, the worst-qualified, most Junior applicants are the ones with Certs all over their resume

HillTJ

To train a dog, first know more than the dog..
Local time
Today, 02:24
Yep, I figure so too. But, If I pick up some skills & concepts that I may not have ordinarily become exposed to, then I learn something. A concern is how much content will be 'new' and how much will be a recap of stuff I've learn't the hard way?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Definitely learning is learning - and if it advances that cause, it has value

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
ERP is a wide ranging application taking in many facets of business process - I cut my teeth on ERP many years ago. It encompasses production planning, stock control, labour management, waste control, costing, scheduling, purchasing, invoicing to name a few. So I would look at those as individual 'projects'. Smaller companies may be looking at one or two of these rather than the whole thing

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Not sure of the benefit of these types of qualification - they are more a certification. However in my experience clients/employers are more interested in relevant experience

Actually, if you are working online or planning to be employed in a big company then certificates matter. This is very true for managerial positions and up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom