COVID rules for thee but not for me (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:11
Anyone seen the Faucci video from the Nationals game a couple of days ago where he threw out the first ball?

He's sitting in the stands with his mask down around his neck playing with his phone while he sits between two other people. What a good example of following the social distancing and mask rules:sick: as he tries to explain his lapse by saying he just took off the mask to drink because he was parched.

Wasnington DC Mayor exempts Federal workers:

A couple of links explaining that the mask rule is NOT absolute.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:11
In our area there is an allowed medical exception for people with certain respiratory diseases but to gain the exception, you need a doctor's letter. Other than that, the state issued a mandatory "masks when indoors in a business" rule and required the business staff to enforce it by vocal challenge, then just call the police. To say that things have gotten tense doesn't cut it.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:11
We have the same issue in the UK. Several government ministers say do this, but they do that, regarding Covid. I think Boris Johnson is one of the few who happen to really know how deadly it can be because he was at deaths door with it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Its Faucis job to make make sure nobody catches anything

In the context of baseball.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And if he is as far off target in viruses as he is in baseball, maybe we SHOULD take his advice with a dash of skepticism. Not to mention he has a lousy delivery.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 07:11
I'm thinking that whole "I can't breathe" stuff is something along the lines of:
- Show me 10 people who claim medical difficulty while wearing a mask, and I'll show you 9 who are making it up.
- Now show me 10 who have a doctor's "note", I'll show you 9 instances where an accommodating doctor simply gave them what they wanted, an action that had no basis in science (analogous to any well to do person who sees "accommodating" doctors for pill fixes).

I've read a few articles on this subject, and it generally comes down to Yes, you'll be fine in your mask. We're ALL uncomfortable and feel bad breathing in the mask. We wear it anyway. Some people become overly dramatic and think it's "just them". No, it's everybody. You're not special

I like what American Airlines did today, although I could have sworn they already had this policy, but seem to have clarified it.
Some spoiled brat got on the plane without a mask, claiming he had a medical "condition" that prevented him from wearing one. He kept claiming his "HIPAA rights" prevented him from telling them. (Of course Hipaa has nothing to do with either him telling them or them asking him). Eventually they backed down. Today, they rolled out a new, extra clearly worded policy: You will not be allowed to fly with us without a mask. Period. Unless you are <2 yr of age.

Reactions: Jon

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
According to the actual law, you don't need a doctor's letter although, you will get less shit from the guardians if you have one.

@Moke, thanks for posting the pitch but there is a later video of Faucci and friends in the stand yucking it up. I'm pretty sure that one will be harder to find because it doesn't look good.

And if he is as far off target in viruses as he is in baseball, maybe we SHOULD take his advice with a dash of skepticism. Not to mention he has a lousy delivery.
He has been as far off from reality as he could be and he waffles with his advice. At this point, he is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame but still saying stupid stupid stuff like it's OK to hook up with a stranger you meed online but not to hug friends and family or shake hands with anyone. Obviously, that is not an exact quote. The Democrats are convinced that if they can keep the country paralyzed for another three months, Biden will win and Faucci is doing their bidding. If no one can gather, it will be impossible for Trump to hold rallies and it will give Biden cover for not being able to draw more than 100 people.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
He has been as far off from reality as he could be and he waffles with his advice. At this point, he is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame but still saying stupid stupid stuff like it's OK to hook up with a stranger you meed online but not to hug friends and family or shake hands with anyone. Obviously, that is not an exact quote.
heres the quote
"t's what's called relative risk," Fauci said. "If you're willing to take a risk — and you know, everybody has their own tolerance for risks — you could figure out if you want to meet somebody."

He said it's probably best to postpone hookups for now if you "don't want to have any part of this virus."

Source - https://www.insider.com/fauci-hooking-up-with-asymptomatic-tinder-match-doable-but-risky-2020-4

Fact check on whitehouse memo on fauci https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/politics/white-house-statement-attacking-fauci-fact-check/index.html

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I saw this Video trending yesterday being retweeted by Trump and Trump Jr. all day. It was originally posted by Breitbart. Unfortunately it has been pulled offline by all the social media sites . When I watched it I couldn't believe it and did some digging and found this article about them

Associated press https://apnews.com/4ee1a3a8d631b454f645b2a8d9597de7

Today there are stories about it everywhere

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-covid-19-false-info-video_n_5f1f984ac5b638cfec4904d4

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/28/tech/facebook-youtube-coronavirus/index.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tw...aising-hydroxychloroquine-use-for-coronavirus

Apparently breitbart still has the video https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020...rs-capitol-hill-coronavirus-press-conference/

Given the Associated press article do you really think its Fauci you shouldn't listen to?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Here is a quote from the AP article, (I confess to copy and pasting! : ))

And I must say I agree 100% with it. There are many doctors out there who believe this; Trump is locating and gathering them.

..... an open letter to Trump signed by more than 400 doctors calling the state coronavirus lockdowns a “mass casualty event” causing “millions of casualties” from alcoholism, homelessness, suicide and other causes.

“It is impossible to overstate the short, medium, and long-term harm to people’s health with a continued shutdown,” the letter said. “Losing a job is one of life’s most stressful events, and the effect on a person’s health is not lessened because it also has happened to 30 million other people. Keeping schools and universities closed is incalculably detrimental for children, teenagers, and young adults for decades to come.”

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If we look at the aftermath of the global economic crash of the 1930s, it took a massive shooting war to pull everyone out of the economic doldrums. It looks like corona virus is a Chinese curse that leads into a second, even more devastating Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times."

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Here is a quote from the AP article, (I confess to copy and pasting! : ))

And I must say I agree 100% with it. There are many doctors out there who believe this; Trump is locating and gathering them.
That open letter is from Simone Gold who is the founder of the America’s Frontline Doctors .
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6895203-ADAD-Letter-Signed.html

Here's a quote on one of the doctors who spoke
Immanuel has an unusual background for a self-proclaimed COVID-19 expert. Information about her medical background is limited; however, she does serve as the head of Fire Power Ministries, which appears to be located in a Houston strip mall and promotes a baptism of fire program that offers “miracles, healings and deliverance.”

I'd rather listen to Fauci.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
That open letter is from Simone Gold who is the founder of the America’s Frontline Doctors .
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6895203-ADAD-Letter-Signed.html

Here's a quote on one of the doctors who spoke

I'd rather listen to Fauci.
Oh dear!! A highly qualified & experienced medical doctor and surgeon who also happens to be a Christian .... RUN for your life! :)
You do realize that many medical professionals are, say, Mormon or Muslim. Both have a bunch of extra-terrestrial beliefs, too. Do you actually avoid them when getting healthcare, really?

I'd rather get MORE than one single human's point of view on a huge and deadly topic that has consumed the entire world.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
A highly qualified & experienced medical doctor and surgeon

You do realize that many medical professionals are, say, Mormon or Muslim. Both have a bunch of extra-terrestrial beliefs, too. Do you actually avoid them when getting healthcare, really?

Glad you mentioned that

Dr. Stella Immanuel:
She was licensed in Texas last Nov. She has no hospital privledges. Her last activity was a residency in NY in 1998.
Heres her office -
drofc.JPG

No board certifications

Some Great quotes:

She has often claimed that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches.

She alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments, and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And, despite appearing in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress on Monday, she has said that the government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens.

She also claimed that DNA from space aliens is currently being used in medicine.
In the same sermon, Immanuel also claimed the Magic 8-Ball toy was a tool to get people into witchcraft.

She claims she treated 350+ people with hydrocholoquine even though shes a pediatrician.

yea, I'll stick with Fauci.

edit: for the record I researched the shit out of every doctor my wife saw when she got sick.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Glad you mentioned that

Dr. Stella Immanuel:
She was licensed in Texas last Nov. She has no hospital privledges. Her last activity was a residency in NY in 1998.
Heres her office -
View attachment 83810
No board certifications

Some Great quotes:

yea, I'll stick with Fauci.
It's even better than I thought - when I said " highly qualified & experienced medical doctor and surgeon ", I was referring to the leader of this whole letter-thing - Simone. The one you are focusing on, Immanuel, is just one out of the 400 signers of the letter..I agree that this "one out of 400", which has been cherry picked, doesn't seem very qualified. I suppose I could go and find one random signer that is very qualified, but since we already know there is probably a mixture of the two, it seems like a waste of my time. At that point I would be cherry picking a minuscule portion just as you have, and we would then both be presenting the same not compelling point.

You can stick with Fauci if you want, but I think that the "drawing in" of MORE than "one person's opinion" is a sensible approach that's probably going to win out, and rightly so. I'm not against Fauci - but preferring one man vs. a consortium seems unwise.

Given that you have made a significant focus on religious beliefs of medical providers, I'm still very curious on whether or not you check your healthcare providers for Catholicism, Islam, or Mormonism. They have the same large amount of extra-terrestrial beliefs, which you claim factor in so significantly to their credibility? I'm just curious on whether/how you apply your own viewpoint on that, since a large part of your argument rests entirely on it.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
the 400 were cherry picked per the AP article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom