Unbelievable! (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:30
shall I modify it?

According to the KJV, Matthew 7:2-3,

"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Adam, you are quick to criticize so many others and you claim to be a believer, yet you forget this simple admonition. "What goes around comes around." This is a simple, clear statement that when you complain about others, you reveal your own issues but can't see them for yourself.

And then perhaps you wonder why you are restricted to an area where you cannot do as much harm with your posts as you have done in the past.

neuroman9999

Local time
Adam, you are quick to criticize so many others and you claim to be a believer, yet you forget this simple admonition. "What goes around comes around." This is a simple, clear statement that when you complain about others, you reveal your own issues but can't see them for yourself.

And then perhaps you wonder why you are restricted to an area where you cannot do as much harm with your posts as you have done in the past.
you could be right Richard. However, I think if you read my comments again, you'll see that I'm not necessarily criticizing others, but rather I'm pointing out how the world's behavior is nothing more than a great representation of how the devil fights with himself and eventually takes himself out. People divide because they have no faith. corporations manipulate and sell shit to unsuspecting people when they don't need it, for the purpose of getting rich and staying rich. again, no faith. afraid to be poor. and I get of seeing the shit, because it is prevalent everywhere. YOU are not even immune from it. considering that you have clue what God means anyway, as you've stated many times to me.

But again, what you may or may not realize is that, I don't think anyway, that I've ever put anyone else down but rather have pointed out stupid comments and non-belief of other when they make certain comments.

and you also have not been told by me, that I am currently going through a phase of anger at the world and its idiocy. and it will end at some point, and I'll be on to the next phase I'm sure. I go through many of these. but that's not a discussion for you, as you don't have the spiritual intelligence to understand it.

but, bottom line is that, if what you say is true, than maybe I should re-read some things I have said, if I can indeed find them, and maybe make some future corrections? I'll see what I can do, but I'm quite busy with other things.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, you will note that I have avoided direct insults lately. However, your explanation here doesn't exactly mesh with other examples of your public persona here on the forum. It is for those reasons that many folks here have issues with you. I am trying to stay balanced. (Perhaps because so many folks have accused me of being significantly unbalanced.)

I hope you can get over whatever it is that has triggered your anger. I mean that sincerely. Anger is a terrible companion. Besides the mental stress, there is a concomitant physical stress that is NOT your friend. Particularly as you turn the "big 40" you have to start watching for things that start to go downhill. Subtle, at first, but if you ARE going to develop cardio-pulmonary issues, it will be now in your life that the first symptoms, however minuscule, will start to show themselves. And it doesn't matter if you are a body-builder or a chair jockey. When your body wakes up one day and decides "I'm old, I think I'll play an old-guy prank on Adam" - it will let you know. This is age-related experience talking to you.

neuroman9999

Local time
Anger is a terrible companion. Besides the mental stress, there is a concomitant physical stress that is NOT your friend. Particularly as you turn the "big 40" you have to start watching for things that start to go downhill.
NO IT WON'T. and you wanna know why? because when one is protected truly by the holy spirit and it resides in a heart and soul, medicine becomes completely irrelevant. and I know you won't understand one bit about that so I won't say anything more.

If you really want to see something unbelievable in action, you're going to have to see me face to face. Otherwise, you won't know who I truly am. but I'm doubting that will ever happen.

You may or may not realize this, and I've never told you because you're such an unbeliever in true compassion of the Lord.....but for the last 12 months, ever since I have gotten my 2nd chance in this life, whenever I talk to a poor person or a woman face to face, most of the time tears come to their eyes. Because they see the truth in mine and they know this world is a shithole where people who they care about are stepped on every day. some even die because they are used to the point of severe depression. but all that is irrelevant, because those victims will be the ones to win the war in the end. and again, I'm sure you don't get it, and I don't care to explain it to you.

if you dare to meet this man in person, more than likely your stupid little view of me you've built up in your mind would change a great deal. as matter of fact, I'm willing to bet that if you and I met in person and talked, within 20-30 minutes you would say to me:
If this is who you truly are, why do you act the way you act on the forum!?
now, I haven't made a prophecy, but I will tell you that I'm pretty damn good at what I do. and I'll let you figure out what that means.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
All the more reason why I doubt we will ever meet. You believe as you do and I don't care to debate your beliefs with you. After all, they are yours. But you recognize that your beliefs and mine differ. So... this has to be "live and let live."

neuroman9999

Local time
that's fine with me Richard. but did I say, if we did meet, that I would PUSH anything on you? If you did think that, you're wrong. An in person meet between you and I would be person to person. No mention of christ would happen. Why would think it would be so bad!? If you got anything out of it, you would learn how to write C# and PHP! LOL. why wouldn't you, as a legacy engineer, want to know that!? :)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Lack of interest, for one thing. (I'll let you decide exactly which of the events you mentioned doesn't interest me.)

neuroman9999

Local time
(I'll let you decide exactly which of the events you mentioned doesn't interest me.)
which 2 events? C# and PHP learning? that's the only pair of 2 events I mentioned, so it has to be that. Why have you no interest? You already get OOP. C# and PHP are nothing more than an expansion on VBA's simplistic OOP concept, with much more powerful tools. like:

=> constructors
=> delegates
=> global vars
=> methods instead of functions
=> VOIDS!
=> interfaces!
=> namespaces!
=> etc, etc, etc....

you can certainly follow THIS stuff, grandpa: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/c-sharp-coding-standards/

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:30
Just casually nosing around the internet and ran across this: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country vs. 2019 Ford F-150 Limited vs. 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. The conclusion reached here is, in-line with the thread, unbelievable. The article proclaims the Ram 1500 as the first place winner. But under the cons:
Lows: Finished last in every single performance test, the heaviest here by a wide margin.
:confused:

So, I guess "looks" outweigh "performance". Based on my personal, but very limited experience, with Dodge, their vehicles should rate as "last". Surprising that Toyota Tundra was not also evaluated.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:30
The most unbelievable part of this thread is some people will cut off body parts for insurance money. Imagine if they applied this effort to inventions or a better job. It's an instant failure even if they succeed.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
The most unbelievable part of this thread is some people will cut off body parts for insurance money. Imagine if they applied this effort to inventions or a better job. It's an instant failure even if they succeed.
Then more than insurance, also SSI, Disability, Handicapped stickets, etc. Some people spend a lifetime chasing the freebies.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Just casually nosing around the internet and ran across this: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country vs. 2019 Ford F-150 Limited vs. 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. The conclusion reached here is, in-line with the thread, unbelievable. The article proclaims the Ram 1500 as the first place winner. But under the cons: :confused:

So, I guess "looks" outweigh "performance". Based on my personal, but very limited experience, with Dodge, their vehicles should rate as "last". Surprising that Toyota Tundra was not also evaluated.
Figures dont lie, but liars figure...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
For a person who's never owned a pickup truck before, but is thinking of getting one within the next 3 years - AND admittedly wants to reduce the difficulty in handling it in limited spaces (i.e., I don't want to be "that guy" who requires an 18-point operation to pull into a Walmart space, as many do), what's the best combination of "as close to full size" (good sized bed, 2 seats) but "as manageable as possible", without extra feet of steel just because, as some trucks seem to be.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
For a person who's never owned a pickup truck before, but is thinking of getting one within the next 3 years - AND admittedly wants to reduce the difficulty in handling it in limited spaces (i.e., I don't want to be "that guy" who requires an 18-point operation to pull into a Walmart space, as many do), what's the best combination of "as close to full size" (good sized bed, 2 seats) but "as manageable as possible", without extra feet of steel just because, as some trucks seem to be.
While we lived in Nevada, we had a four-wheel drive Chevy. I haven't followed the reviews on trucks, but it seems that Chevy and Ford are pretty close. Ford has better styling. In terms of buying a truck, only buy a four-wheel drive version.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Thanks, Steve. the more advice I get the better! Appreciate it.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
IMHO, always get an 8' bed. No one has EVER said "Man, I sure wish my bed was shorter".

I have owned 3 trucks in by lifetime. The first one was a Chevy S-10 and it was a joke. The second one was a Nissan XE and it wasnt too much better but it did have 4wd and was fun to drive. My third truck was a serious one - GMC 2500 HD, 6.6 Duramax with and Allison tranny. That beast could pull a mountain. It was tricky getting in and out of tight parking lots, but I managed.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
IMHO, always get an 8' bed. No one has EVER said "Man, I sure wish my bed was shorter".

I have owned 3 trucks in by lifetime. The first one was a Chevy S-10 and it was a joke. The second one was a Nissan XE and it wasnt too much better but it did have 4wd and was fun to drive. My third truck was a serious one - GMC 2500 HD, 6.6 Duramax with and Allison tranny. That beast could pull a mountain. It was tricky getting in and out of tight parking lots, but I managed.
Thanks, NG ! Appreciate the feedback

neuroman9999

Local time
You presume I referred only to explicit events. There were some implicit events in that mix as well. NONE of them arouse my interest, TYVM.
oh my God, IMPLICIT vs. EXPLICIT. let us not bring tech jargon into this, shall we!? the next thing I'm going to hear, yet again from one of the greatest professionals on Earth, @isladogs , is that the mirror equivalent of what you just said, in VBA terms is, LATE BINDING vs. EARLY BINDING.

he taught me that a long time ago, during one of my previous tenures. and no Colin, that's not a put down for you. try not to look at it that way, OK? ;)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tech jargon? You understand implicit and explicit - implicitly. You are very big on that which is seen and that which is unseen, mostly because of your religious beliefs. If I have to give you a dictionary definition, it isn't worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom