Solved Multiple hyperlinks for each person (1 Viewer)

Sam Summers

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:03
Hi All,
Wondering if this is possible?

I have an Employee table that links through the EmployeeCert table to the Certificate Table as on Employee can have many certificates.

I currently have a subform from the Employee form where i can add certificates for an employee on this i also want to be able to either create hyperlinks to images or pdf's of their actual certificates.

Even just to view them from this subform would be good enough as i could manually enter the hyperlinks?

Many thanks in advance

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:03
Hi. Have you tried adding a Hyperlink field to your table? You can also use a Text field to store the paths and then use code to view the files.

Sam Summers

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, i thought about that but it would need to relate to each certificate that a person may have so not quite sure how. I created a 'Hyperlink' table but not managed to get it working yet?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:03
Hi, i thought about that but it would need to relate to each certificate that a person may have so not quite sure how. I created a 'Hyperlink' table but not managed to get it working yet?
I imagine you would add the hyperlink field to the same table where you store the certificate for each person. I believe you called it a link table.

Sam Summers

Registered User.
Local time
Yes! Thank you so much for just giving me a wee pointer. It was that simple - tested and it works

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom