Updating users front ends via VBA (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:59
The command prompt window should close automatically. I'm not sure why you had to force it to close. What did you add to the script?

tmyers

Local time
The command prompt window should close automatically. I'm not sure why you had to force it to close. What did you add to the script?
Code:
start "" "%userprofile%\Desktop\Quotations.accdr"
I just added the start argument to it. Otherwise the command prompt window wouldnt close until you closed Access.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:59
Ah, that explains it. For those who love dichotomies, there are two ways to start a process under Windows. You can create a child process or you can create an independent process. You wait for children because technically, they are a part of your main process. You don't have to wait for independents because they have a separate life of their own.

BusyBusyJr

Local time
When using the Automated Update Utility listed within this thread, is there a format to point to a Linked SQL back-end for the highlighted entry?
1696444295457.png

BusyBusyJr

Local time
When using the Automated Update Utility listed within this thread, is there a format to point to a Linked SQL back-end for the highlighted entry?
View attachment 110200
Figured it out. Ran the utility using a temp AccessDB BE. Imported the created table in the tempDB to SQL, then in theFrontEnd (Master) created a link to the SQL table. Works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom