Database Connection to Excel (1 Viewer)

MattBaldry

Self Taught, Learn from the Forums
Local time
Today, 20:23
Hello all,

Not sure if anyone is going to be able to help here. I have an Excel spreadsheet that links to data in access. This week, it no longer works. Just says unexpected error (Send a Frown).

I have tested it on other data sources and it is the same issue no matter which database I connect to. I even built a brand new database with 1 table, and cannot even connect to that.

I uninstalled office completely and then reinstalled it, but still not working.

Has anyone else had any issues like this? Error code is below.

Container exited unexpectedly with code 0xC000041D.

~Matt

MattBaldry

Local time
Windows Update?
I was thinking that, but it is working on another client with the same setup as mine.

~Matt

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You cannot say that unless you check the update list?
I have just bee upgraded? to 20H2, and that changed a default on my system. :(

MattBaldry

Local time
You cannot say that unless you check the update list?
I have just bee upgraded? to 20H2, and that changed a default on my system. :(
Hi Gasman,

I have been on both of those links and tried all fixes I have found on the internet and nothing has worked yet. One of them did post that his system one day started working again, which is why I think it may be some sort of update that will get a fix. It is annoying though.

~Matt

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Hi Gasman,

I have been on both of those links and tried all fixes I have found on the internet and nothing has worked yet. One of them did post that his system one day started working again, which is why I think it may be some sort of update that will get a fix. It is annoying though.

~Matt
Tell me about it. I was wondering why some default had changed?, however not as annoying as your problem.

Derevon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:23
The error described in this post is a very big problem in my office for certain users. Whenever these users try to create a data connection From Excel to Access, or if somebody is attempting to refresh an existing connection to Access, the "Unexpected Error, something went wrong" pops up for them since maybe 6-12 months back.

For two users with seemingly the exact same version of Excel etc, one gets it and the other doesn't, and we have no idea what is different about them.

The currently rolled out version is Version 2102 (Build 13801.21050). I don't know if the problems started after some new update was rolled out.

This is a big problem for us since none of these users can refresh any files that have any sort of Access database connection, so these users would have to ask somebody else to refresh them for them every time.

Does anyone know the cause or perhaps a possible workaround to this problem (for example some other way to connect to an Access database from Excel)?

Thank you

The full text from 'Copy details' has been attached as a txt file as it is too large to fit inside one post.

The first part of it pasted below within code tags.

Code:
Feedback Type:

Frown (Error)

Error Message:
Error

Stack Trace:

Stack Trace Message:
Error

Invocation Stack Trace:
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.FeedbackErrorInfo..ctor(String message, Exception exception, Nullable`1 stackTraceInfo, String messageDetail)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Windows.UIHost.RaiseErrorDialog(IWindowHandle activeWindow, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, LocalizedString dialogTitle, LocalizedString dialogMessage, Boolean useGDICapture)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Native.NativeUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<HandleException>b__0()
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SynchronizationContextExtensions.SendAndMarshalExceptions(SynchronizationContext context, Action callback)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.DataImporter.HandleImportEvaluationException(ExceptionResult exceptionView, Query query, String sourceID, String formulaTitle, Boolean isNewQuery, Boolean isFromEditor)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.DataImporter.OnGetPreviewResult(PreviewResult preview, Query query, String sourceID, String formulaTitle, Nullable`1 explicitImportDestination, Boolean isNewQuery, Boolean isFromEditor)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.DataImporter.GetPreviewResult(Query query, String sourceID, String formulaTitle, Boolean isNewQuery, Boolean isFromEditor, Nullable`1 explicitImportDestination)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelDataImporter.<>c__DisplayClass62_0.<GetPreviewResult>b__1()
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Shim.NativeWorkbookStorageServices.Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Shim.IDeferredStorageInvoker.InvokeDeferredStorageAction(IWorkbook workbook, Action action)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Shim.NativeCoAuthServices.InvokeCoauthAction(IWorkbook workbook, UndoableActionType actionType, Action action)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelDataImporter.<>c__DisplayClass62_0.<GetPreviewResult>b__0(IWorkbook workbook)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelDataImporter.<>c__DisplayClass55_1.<NotifyGetDataPresence>b__1()
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Shim.NativeCoAuthServices.NotifyGetDataPresence(IWorkbook workbook, Action action)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelDataImporter.<>c__DisplayClass55_0.<NotifyGetDataPresence>b__0(IWorkbook workbook)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelDataImporter.<>c__DisplayClass56_0.<InvokeOnWorkbook>b__0(IWorkbook workbook, IWindowContext windowContext)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelDataImporter.InvokeOnWorkbook[T](Func`3 action, T defaultValue)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelDataImporter.InvokeOnWorkbook(Action`1 action)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelDataImporter.NotifyGetDataPresence(Action`1 action)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelDataImporter.GetPreviewResult(Query query, String sourceID, String formulaTitle, Boolean isNewQuery, Boolean isFromEditor, Nullable`1 explicitImportDestination)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.DataImporter.<>c__DisplayClass86_1.<OnQuerySettingsResolved>b__0()
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
  at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SynchronizationContextExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<Post>b__0(Object null)
  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
  at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

InnerException0.Stack Trace Message:
Container exited unexpectedly with code 0xC000041D. PID: 8640.
Used features: (none).

Attachments

• Details.txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom