Win 10 internet connection (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 06:07
I had in my task bar a half round signal icon when I was connected. A airplane when not connect. Now it is an airplane connected or not connected. What gives?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:07
Dick do this general web search and pick around among the articles:

"Windows 10 airplane mode stuck"

It apparently is a common problem. The solution looks like a multi-step sequence depending on what works and what doesn't when you try to unstick it. I take that to mean that there are multiple possible culprits here.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Dick do this general web search and pick around among the articles:

"Windows 10 airplane mode stuck"

It apparently is a common problem. The solution looks like a multi-step sequence depending on what works and what doesn't when you try to unstick it. I take that to mean that there are multiple possible culprits here.
Thanks

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Computers / Win 10 / enough to make a person drink,
I haven't changed anything, but I signal Icon is back and airplane gone.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 03:07
Any chance you accidentally pressed something on the physical laptop itself? (Like the WiFi adaptor) I've done that before, and it definitely confuses the situation, because the icons take time to update for sure. And if you press something hard but then go to the soft version on-screen, the status and icons are fighting back and forth with each other

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Any chance you accidentally pressed something on the physical laptop itself? (Like the WiFi adaptor) I've done that before, and it definitely confuses the situation, because the icons take time to update for sure. And if you press something hard but then go to the soft version on-screen, the status and icons are fighting back and forth with each other
Thanks, there is always that chance. My first lesson in computers from the Navy. Computers don't always do what you want them to do, only what you tell them to do, even if' its inadvertently.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:07
But the question with Win11 is whether your machine will even be able to run it. My machine won't even though it has 16 GB of RAM, quad-core CPU @ 3.2 GHz (8 logical processors = 8 simultaneous threads) and 64-bit addressing. That is because my older machine doesn't have one of those new CPU chips that has some special hardware in it that Win11 requires. With a different I/O bus, my system would have been able to run as a small server. But it won't run Win11 - unless MS has relented on the requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom