Solved Navigation SubForm opens another Form (2 Viewers)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:12
what's the best way to update Default Value when txtProjectNumber is a text field? Currently if I enter a non-numeric value I will get the error in the field
What does the error say? If the field is Text, then it should accept numbers and letters for input.

VzqCrs

Local time
Today, 10:12
What does the error say? If the field is Text, then it should accept numbers and letters for input.
try it on the database you have, if you try to put in TBD or something like WD2232 it returns an error in the Project Number field

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
try it on the database you have, if you try to put in TBD or something like WD2232 it returns an error in the Project Number field
Okay, I'll try it later. But, which field/textbox are we talking about? Please remember I am not familiar with your database, so you'll have to give me some basic instructions, sometimes.

VzqCrs

Local time
Sorry about that, let me clarify

NavigationForm - Create New tab - frmRequests.txtProjectNumber = frmMultipleRequests.txtProjectNumber (and txtProjectDeliverables)
This part is what you sent me earlier and works well as long as I have numbers as values, but if I enter an alphanumeric value it returns an #Error in the Project Number field of frmMultipleRequests.txtProjectNumber

NavigationForm - Finish an Incomplete Request tab - Finish Req form with SubForm frmIncRequestsQ . this is where it's tricky and where I'm having the most issues

Target Form - Finish Req in which a combo selection is made from cboSelectReq
When selected frmIncRequestsQ is visible where Link Master Felds: cboSelectReq = Link Child Fields: frmIncRequestsQ.txtProjectNumber

when a mulitple request is being created from this level, the form should likewise carry the project number forward frmIncRequestsQ.txtProjectNumber = frmIncMultipleRequests.txtProjectNumber

Let me know if you need more clarification

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Sorry about that, let me clarify

NavigationForm - Create New tab - frmRequests.txtProjectNumber = frmMultipleRequests.txtProjectNumber (and txtProjectDeliverables)
This part is what you sent me earlier and works well as long as I have numbers as values, but if I enter an alphanumeric value it returns an #Error in the Project Number field of frmMultipleRequests.txtProjectNumber

NavigationForm - Finish an Incomplete Request tab - Finish Req form with SubForm frmIncRequestsQ . this is where it's tricky and where I'm having the most issues

Target Form - Finish Req in which a combo selection is made from cboSelectReq
When selected frmIncRequestsQ is visible where Link Master Felds: cboSelectReq = Link Child Fields: frmIncRequestsQ.txtProjectNumber

when a mulitple request is being created from this level, the form should likewise carry the project number forward frmIncRequestsQ.txtProjectNumber = frmIncMultipleRequests.txtProjectNumber

Let me know if you need more clarification
Hi. Thanks for the additional information. I'll let you know later when I give it a try if I have more questions.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. I'm sorry, I am not seeing exactly what you are seeing. For starters, when I open your file, this is what I get.

1637195859470.png

I click on the End button, and the Nav Form opens. If I enter "abc" in the Project #: textbox and hit the Tab key, then I get this error.

1637195961441.png

Is that how this is supposed to work?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
As for the #Error, when I enter TBD as the project number and then click on the OK button, I don't get the error.

1637196563484.png

VzqCrs

Local time
Hi. I'm sorry, I am not seeing exactly what you are seeing. For starters, when I open your file, this is what I get.

View attachment 96194

I click on the End button, and the Nav Form opens. If I enter "abc" in the Project #: textbox and hit the Tab key, then I get this error.

View attachment 96195

Is that how this is supposed to work?
Yes, if exists, further down on the form the project deliverables location will be displayed

VzqCrs

Local time
Thank you, I'll give it a try in the morning and let you know how it goes.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thank you, I'll give it a try in the morning and let you know how it goes.
I did eventually get the error but only because I entered more than six characters. It seems your main table is set to a max 8 char project number, but the related table is only set to 6 max.

VzqCrs

Local time
I did eventually get the error but only because I entered more than six characters. It seems your main table is set to a max 8 char project number, but the related table is only set to 6 max.
That worked to get rid of the error!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
That worked to get rid of the error!
Good. What about the second tab? I still don't understand that part. I'll need a step by step instruction to duplicate that problem.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. I think I managed to figure out what you mean by the second tab. Take a look at this...

Attachments

• Estimate Requests Database (2).zip
    444.5 KB · Views: 117

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom