Catholic Priests Abuse - A Whole New Dimension (2 Viewers)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:29
I was listening to a podcast the other day and I heard that the Catholic Priests that abused children not only "Simply" abused the Children, NO, there's a whole extra, insidious level to it. The priests would take confession from the children and then use their confession against them! Use the revealed misdemeanours to blackmail them into doing the things they bade them do... I'm not easily shocked, but, well, say no more....

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Spotlight is a great movie to watch. It covers the Catholic Priests misdemeanours. A great watch, and quite shocking too when you consider what went one.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 19:29
I was listening to a podcast the other day and I heard that the Catholic Priests that abused children not only "Simply" abused the Children, NO, there's a whole extra, insidious level to it. The priests would take confession from the children and then use their confession against them! Use the revealed misdemeanours to blackmail them into doing the things they bade them do... I'm not easily shocked, but, well, say no more....
Any crime committed under any guise should be dealt with severe repercussions. Some of those children will never be the same again.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:29
Spotlight is a great movie to watch. It covers the Catholic Priests misdemeanours. A great watch, and quite shocking too when you consider what went one.

Ah, if ONLY they were misdemeanors... but I fear that they went all the way to felonious sexual assault of children.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I think I used the wrong word there, although I said it slightly sarcastically.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I've been known to use incorrect words, Jon. Happens to all of us.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
In the US, I think you have a more intimate understanding of the word misdemeanour, since it is also a legal standard. We don't have that in the UK.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ah, I see. In that case, for our international friends: To us, a "misdemeanor" is a petty crime ("petty" deriving from the French petite, meaning small.) A misdemeanor usually earns the miscreant a small fine, a requirement of restitution where possible, perhaps some hours of an approved form of community service, and perhaps a few days in jail.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:29
Individuals do bad, sometimes evil things but they can earn forgiveness and be redeemed if you believe the teachings of Jesus. But the coverup was unforgivable. That was evil and all of those old men including the popes who covered it up deserve even worse punishment than the priests themselves and that never happened. My husband's youngest brother was abused as a child. He died from cancer when he was 19 and told my husband about it when he was on his deathbed to ask for forgiveness. My husband never told the family. Without Mark to testify, there wasn't any point to upsetting the whole family.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Oh, Pat... That is a terrible burden to carry. I offer my condolences to you and your husband for a situation in which closure has become impossible.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Doc. It is a painful memory. I didn't know Mark very well. He died shortly after I married his brother.

conception_native_0123

Local time
I've got a better one....

I was staying in a hospital in cedar rapids last year and a guy came in and told me a story. His grandma donated a million dollars to her catholic church but she had a great deal more to her name. Months later the church came to her and told her that if she didn't donate another million she would go to hell. LOL. and yes, I AM catholic.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Thanks Doc. It is a painful memory. I didn't know Mark very well. He died shortly after I married his brother.
It must be a heavy burden to carry for several years. This is one of the areas stricter laws should be passed to make it easier to prosecute the offenders.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
I've got a better one....

I was staying in a hospital in cedar rapids last year and a guy came in and told me a story. His grandma donated a million dollars to her catholic church but she had a great deal more to her name. Months later the church came to her and told her that if she didn't donate another million she would go to hell. LOL. and yes, I AM catholic.
One should know God personally, so much falsehood in several places

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Use the revealed misdemeanours to blackmail them into doing the things they bade them do... I'm not easily shocked, but, well, say no more....
I have a person in my life who is quilty of this very thing. He used his postion to coerce those under his authority to satisfy his perverted desires and has been bounced out of the few congregations he was pastor of and finally has no where to go. His saint of a wife has stood by him over the years out of what she perceived as her duty - but she detests him completly, further adding to his miserableness.

The "good" thing is that he is tortured daily over his past - albeit for selfsish reasons: "I could have been a well-respected university professor - blah, blah, blah"

He is in his 80's and becuase of his beliefs, fears death and subsequently judgement by the almighty. The point I am making is that sometimes, justice is served even if the victims are not aware of it.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The Catholic church has moderated some in that they allow girls to also serve at the alter these days so that club is no longer just young boys. I don't know whether that has had any influence but apparently perversion is non-denominational. Sorry for your pain. Looks like the Protestant hierarchy is just as corrupt as the Catholic hierarchy.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
NG, the sad part is that entirely too many of these monsters are merely sent to a monastery for a while. While the isolation is - I guess - a sort of punishment, it seems like a luxury gig if you compare it to a prison cell and a yard full of convicts who more or less uniformly think nothing of "offing" a child molester.

In order to avoid besmirching a good priest, I have to hide names - but there was a news article about 18 months ago in which a priest was found guilty of child molestation. When I saw the last name, I freaked out. But it turns out that TWO brothers from the same generation of the same family had become priests, and the guy who officiated at MY wedding was the brother of the molester. Talk about a rude awakening!

Then there are priests for whom the honor and sanctity of an ordination or a church just doesn't seem to matter. If I were to just tell you about this one, you would not believe me. So here's a self-explanatory reference.

One of them is either continuing the act or actually has a touch of remorse.

From the 2nd post's origin, I know this news was widespread. I will refrain from discussing what else might have been spread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom