Solved SetTempVar Macro Action not working (1 Viewer)

Sarah.M

Local time
Today, 17:54
Hi, Plz note, My VBA is blocked by IT for security reason (Cybersecurity).
I can use only Expression builder, Macros, Queries, Tables, Forms and Reports only.
------------------------------------------------
At home I have Office 365 apps school version.
SetTempVar Macro Action not working with it, at work it is working fine, but at home it does not work do I need to enable something? what do you suggest to me?
for example if I click on command button that contain embedded SetTempVar command button doesn't work with me but at work it is working at work I have Office 2016 plus pro

Plz help me 🙏

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:54
Hi. What does "does not work" mean? Can you show us the macro code?

Sarah.M

Local time
Hi. What does "does not work" mean? Can you show us the macro code?
Hi, the command button does not respond, it does not open the form
for example see the attached picture
1649965587365.png

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Hi, Plz note, My VBA is blocked by IT for security reason (Cybersecurity).
I can use only Expression builder, Macros, Queries, Tables, Forms and Reports only.
------------------------------------------------
At home I have Office 365 apps school version.
SetTempVar Macro Action not working with it, at work it is working fine, but at home it does not work do I need to enable something? what do you suggest to me?
for example if I click on command button that contain embedded SetTempVar command button doesn't work with me but at work it is working at work I have Office 2016 plus pro

Plz help me 🙏
On multiple occasions myself and others have asked for more than "it does not work". Truly, that is a very important part of getting help that is direct and to the point. We can't see your computer, home or work. We don't know what you do see, what you don't see and why you report that it doesn't work. Please be specific: What DOES happen? Why is that not what you want to have happen?

Thank you.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi, the command button does not respond, it does not open the form
for example see the attached picture
View attachment 99935
Is that macro exactly the same as the one working from your work? Where is it shown that you're using the TempVar to open the form? What is the name of the form you're trying to open?

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Thanks.

That macro literally assigns the word "Open" to a tempvar. It does not nothing else. What are you trying to accomplish?

Last edited:

Sarah.M

Local time
I found the solution, because the queries are not available, I did not transfer them all correctly
Thank you all!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I found the solution, because the queries are not available, I did not transfer them all correctly
Thank you all!
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom