Access Database to Sql Server Question 1 (1 Viewer)

zezo2021

Local time
Today, 09:15
Friends

I move the access to the backend SQL server
my problem is:
Attachment field

I want to upload the attachment field to SQL sever varbinary data type

I use Access as the front end and linked the table to the SQL server

varbinary data type converted in the linked table to as ole object

but when trying to use the append query message box appears can't copy the multivalued field
or copy and paste

Thank you so much in Advance

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 00:15
not same question
The error message does not suggest the problem is the attachment field. " message box appears can't copy the multivalued field"

Unless, of course, the attachment field itself is also set to accept multiple values? If so, the method suggested in your other thread about MVFs comes into play.

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
I believe all attachment fields are also multivalued. I think the OP needs to download them to the file system then add them to the SQL table (in a varchar(Max) field) using either DAO AppendChunk or ADO stream object (loadtofile)
Cheers,

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
I believe all attachment fields are also multivalued. I think the OP needs to download them to the file system then add them to the SQL table (in a varchar(Max) field) using either DAO AppendChunk or ADO stream object (loadtofile)
Cheers,
You are, no doubt, correct. I have avoided attachment fields in the real world, both because the problems being discussed here in this thread, and because they bloat an accdb significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom