Browser is "managed by my organization? (1 Viewer)

Grewder

Local time
Today, 15:58
Chrome just updated and there is a message where my Favorites Bar used to be saying my browser is managed by my organization. What organization? Also, what happened to my favorites bar? Clicking on "manage favorites now" and selecting show the favorites bar "Always" does nothing.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:58
Sounds to me like there was a site configuration file being fed to Chrome. (This is a semi-educated guess.) Site files are used with Windows itself if you have a strongly managed domain. And it sounds like a Chrome update either got a different site file - or lost track of its site file completely. Sounds like if you have an IT department, they are the ones to ask.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:58
Try looking here:
Please note: I am not using Chrome in a Windows environment, so I cannot vouch for the approach taken above.
Addtionally, when doing an itnernet seacrh, many of the posted "solutions" had more down votes that up votes. Very surprising. That would also imply being very careful with any posted "solution".

Ryanmat

Local time
Today, 15:58
Have you used a tool like O&O ShutUp 10 that makes modifications to your registry? That's likely why you are getting the "managed By Your Organization." Reverse those changes and the message should go away.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:58
Have you used a tool like O&O ShutUp 10 that makes modifications to your registry? That's likely why you are getting the "managed By Your Organization." Reverse those changes and the message should go away.

Ryanmat, what experience did you have with this tool you referenced? How do you know about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom