After Insert Trigger (1 Viewer)

zezo2021

Local time
Today, 02:23
Hello
after the record is inserted into DB, I want the current field value divided/ 100

Current Record Only
Not all records

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:23
In which context? Form? Query? VBA Code? Something else?

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 17:23
Hello
after the record is inserted into DB, I want the current field value divided/ 100

Current Record Only
Not all records
What will you do with that calculation?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There is a sample db here:

I locked that thread since it's a duplicate.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
You posted this in the SQL Server section. So here's a site to help you within that context:

However, you have another thread:

Which asks virtually the same question but within the context of an Access form. So which is it?

zezo2021

Local time
You posted this in the SQL Server section. So here's a site to help you within that context:

However, you have another thread:

Which asks virtually the same question but within the context of an Access form. So which is it?

if possible the 2 solution one work with
frontend Access
backedn SQL SERVER

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you are asking for the same solution to work on both Access and SQL Server than you have to implement this in the front end - because back-end triggers between Access and SQL Server are quite different. So I repeat my question: In which context? Form, report, query, VBA code, or some other method of data interaction? Don't say "back-end" and "work in Access or SQL" because of the potential differences in the back-ends.

Better still, tell us the actual requirement in concept rather than telling us to divide by something. What are you doing?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
This smells like a percent problem. Users are entering 70 but you want .7. If so, this can be solved via an input mask.

If not, why must you change what they enter? Why not just store their value and then do the math in a query or report when you need to use or display that value?

zezo2021

Local time
This smells like a percent problem. Users are entering 70 but you want .7. If so, this can be solved via an input mask.

If not, why must you change what they enter? Why not just store their value and then do the math in a query or report when you need to use or display that value?
Yes.
Percent Issue
How can I solve this problem

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
I might have been wrong about an input mask. It's fixed via setting a property on the table:

Check out that thread and see if it works for you.

zezo2021

Local time
Hello
work with Access Table Backend and front end access

-----------
my issue

frontend access and backend SQL server

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:23
You store the correct value in the first place.

Format the control on the form to be Percent.
The end-user enters 7% it is stored as .07

No need for any triggers or anything else clever.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
hi @zezo2021

best is control all user input with forms ... but if you do want something at the table level, it could be in BeforeChange -- something like this:

Table_BeforeChange_myPercent.png

OuterApply

Local time
@zezo2021
You really should try to post questions that are able to be answered, rather than just 1/100th of a complete thought and then waiting until everyone wrestles you to the ground and pries the rest of it out of you - that's laziness in the programming world.

What do you want to do? Where does the calculation go? Do you mean changing the value that was just inserted? Do you mean inserting a new record somewhere else? Do you mean displaying it on screen? Do you just need a calculated value in another column?

See, now I had to type a bunch of stuff that you should have explained originally, and so did 10 other people. Don't do that.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 20:23
For S&G I tried to create a Table Macro/Trigger on a linked SP list...no joy.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
adding on, @zezo2021 ... in case field has no value, you may want to wrap with COALESCE to avoid errors if it's Null

Code:
if Coalesce( [myfield],0 ) >1 then

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom