What do you do in your spare time? (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 23:47
It is used to refer to Gentlemen of a certain vintage, essentially anybody older than yourself whom you disagree with. :):cool:

Brian

Local time
Today, 17:47
It is in common usage in the US, also.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:47
I do woodworking (when I can afford the wood). As a family we try to go camping. I also have a personal water craft (PWC). It is old, but a lot of un (uses a lot of gas).

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:47
is [Un] on the periodic table of elements?

Perhaps. The newest element which was detected recently is called Ununseptium. Element 117, hence the name.

It is a temporary hold name only and it will get a proper one in due course.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
The old fingers sometimes miss a letter 'a lot of fun'.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:47
I have a problem with digits going missing. Usually from my bank account balance. It should have more digits than it has. Darn the bad luck!

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I always count my digits after I cut a piece of wood. So far, nothing missing.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
I do woodworking (when I can afford the wood). As a family we try to go camping. I also have a personal water craft (PWC). It is old, but a lot of un (uses a lot of gas).

Kevlray, I love woodworking. I run to my shop about every spare minute that I can. Too bad we are so far apart. I would love to trade tips and techniques. I am working on a commission job right now. 8' x 3' dining room table to go into a ranch house. Making it out of spalted pecan with two Texas stars inlayed into it. My brother in law is a metal artist so he is building the frame and a silhouette of a calf roper. The table will fold out from the wall and that's when the silhouette will display. I'm having a lot fun.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Kevlray, I love woodworking. I run to my shop about every spare minute that I can. Too bad we are so far apart. I would love to trade tips and techniques. I am working on a commission job right now. 8' x 3' dining room table to go into a ranch house. Making it out of spalted pecan with two Texas stars inlayed into it. My brother in law is a metal artist so he is building the frame and a silhouette of a calf roper. The table will fold out from the wall and that's when the silhouette will display. I'm having a lot fun.

LOL, you're building a dining room table that's about the size of your average room here in the UK :D

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time

Surely the lone star state should have one star?

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Surely the lone star state should have one star?

Good point but it is a commission job so I am not in control of the design. The stars are really nautical stars so it would be much easier on me if there was only one. He's having me put the stars in opposite corners from each other and then in the opposing corners he's putting his brand. It will turn out pretty cool looking when it's all said and done.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
LOL, you're building a dining room table that's about the size of your average room here in the UK :D

It is a Texas ranch house and you know the saying about Texas. I noticed I described something wrong about the table. The silhouette will show when the table is folded up not unfolded. Good to hear from you. It's been awhile.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
It is a Texas ranch house and you know the saying about Texas.

I do and this is a rumour I must inspect for myself some day :p

I noticed I described something wrong about the table. The silhouette will show when the table is folded up not unfolded. Good to hear from you. It's been awhile.

It has been a while Shane, I've been somewhat distracted...

Hope you and yours are well.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Good point but it is a commission job so I am not in control of the design. The stars are really nautical stars so it would be much easier on me if there was only one. He's having me put the stars in opposite corners from each other and then in the opposing corners he's putting his brand. It will turn out pretty cool looking when it's all said and done.

If everything was really bigger and better in Texas - youd be able to get one of these tables down in Ikea!? ;-)

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Sounds like quite a project. I am nowhere near that skill level. The most challenging project so far is a large free standing pantry. I got the design plans out of a book (from readers digest). Unfortunately they left some of the details out. My wife loves her pantry, so the project was a success.

I have three projects on hold, mostly for the lack of wood. A coffee table (I might have enough wood for that, but need a wide planer). A futon (sp?), and a bird feeder (a design challenge, working off a picture from a box of bird seed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom