Continued theology discussion... Not sure what to call this really.... (1 Viewer)

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 09:24
Good point well made, I'll stick to the day job... People get really wound up on this topic don't they?? And to what end I wonder....

None absolutely none. I am still undecided whether to go to the pub or church on sunday.

--
Actually where can I be safest from meeting likeminded people to those on this thread.

OK -

I'll pretend its midnight mass and have a few cans on the back row.

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Today, 17:24
Pub Pub Pub!

God made beer (apparently) so he must want you to drink it

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Pub Pub Pub!

God made beer (apparently) so he must want you to drink it

I belieive it was him in the last parliament made it legal to sell it till 6am where I am.

By the following 2 pm - I start to believe he didn't actually want me to drink it though.

What he gives with one hand he takes away with the other.

Yep - we have got nowehere on this thread - and with such intellectual heavyweights as well. I tell you I just cannot understand what went wrong.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
I belieive it was him in the last parliament made it legal to sell it till 6am where I am.

I tell you I just cannot understand what went wrong.

It's simple, you used a personal attack to try and prove a pathetic argument:rolleyes:

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Careful - Brian and Rich could have a field day with some fabricated slurs upon you, for any papal association.
I've never made any fabricated slurs on anyone for their associations, other than with Catholicism and Muslim bombers:rolleyes:

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
It's simple, you used a personal attack to try and prove a pathetic argument:rolleyes:

Oh - one of the heavyweights is back again. You are claiming you could have settled this debate - if I hadn't responded to Chergh calling God a di*k?

Nevermind.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Oh - one of the heavyweights is back again. You are claiming you could have settled this debate - if I hadn't responded to Chergh calling God a di*k?

Nevermind.
Slinging personal insults to prove a point shows a distinct lack, just like your attempts to justify Catholics being exempt from the laws of the land

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
just like your attempts to justify Catholics being exempt from the laws of the land

Yes - another example of your fabricated anti Catholic slur.

Keep them coming.

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 12:24
You are claiming you could have settled this debate - if I hadn't responded to Chergh calling God a di*k?

Now this is interesting. You've choosen not to spell the word out this time. Why is that? Does it seem a bit offensive to you?

I got to be honest Paul, I think there's about ten million things going on here other than you v chergh. A lot of times I forget that there is so much history between the long-standing posters of this forum. You guys have already had tons of arguments and discussions, already drawn the battle lines and never forget past insults.

It really reminds me of dealing with women :p

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Now this is interesting. You've choosen not to spell the word out this time. Why is that? Does it seem a bit offensive to you?

I got to be honest Paul, I think there's about ten million things going on here other than you v chergh. A lot of times I forget that there is so much history between the long-standing posters of this forum. You guys have already had tons of arguments and discussions, already drawn the battle lines and never forget past insults.

It really reminds me of dealing with women :p

Adam - I have been through my views on Cherghs post - and my subsequnt post- I think at worst we can agree to disagree.

Especially as people like Rich are here openly fabricating, argumnets and slurs - which is far more of a problem than anything Chergh or I said in my opinion.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Adam - I have been through my views on Cherghs post - and my subsequnt post- I think at worst we can agree to disagree.

Especially as people like Rich are here openly fabricating, argumnets and slurs - which is far more of a problem than anything Chergh or I said in my opinion.

I don't have to fabricate anything, you've posted it here, just like your attempts to justify discrimination based on some fanciful concept

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Yes - another example of your fabricated anti Catholic slur.

Keep them coming.
I don't want to pay tax so I've joined a religious sect that's gained exemption from the laws of the land, simple enough analogy for you to follow?

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
I don't want to pay tax so I've joined a religious sect that's gained exemption from the laws of the land, simple enough analogy for you to follow?

This would seem to be a fabrication in itself - the slur is that its a decent analogy.

I am not the slightest interested in a discussion with you - becuase you admit - and have shown many many times - you will stoop to using lies , fabrications and slurs, against someone to misrepresent their views.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
This would seem to be a fabrication in itself - the slur is that its a decent analogy.

I am not the slightest interested in a discussion with you - becuase you admit - and have shown many many times - you will stoop to using lies , fabrications and slurs, against someone to misrepresent their views.

It was you who clearly stated that anyone who objected to gay couples adopting children could object, the only people granted exemption thus far is the RC church, where's the lie and fabrication in that?:rolleyes:

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
It was you who clearly stated that anyone who objected to gay couples adopting children could object, the only people granted exemption thus far is the RC church, where's the lie and fabrication in that?:rolleyes:

My views on this are here in this thread. You have proven - and said - what you post - is fabrication and slur in order to misrepresent.

Go slander, and misrepresent someone else. I am having no part in it.

chergh

blah
Local time
Paul answer me this question: why should religous ideas and beliefs not be open criticism, insults, satire or ridicule?

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Paul answer me this question: why should religous ideas and beliefs not be open criticism, insults, satire or ridicule?

Jeez - I never said they shouldn't be - there is definately a time and place however.

Please don't come back and say I did - I genuinely did not.

--

Resorting to lies, slurs, and fabrications like Brain and Rich - is not on.

chergh

blah
Local time
Jeez - I never said they shouldn't be - there is definately a time and place however.

Please don't come back and say I did - I genuinely did not.

Then what gives you the right to decide that this isn't the time and the place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom