Question Second Novice Book - Any Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Blafin

Local time
Today, 04:44
Hi all,:)

This is my first post here in the Access forums. I am starting in a new job soon where I have to use Access 2007 (and I have never used it before).

I am looking for advice on ways to learn more about Access 2007. So far I have purchased 2 very basic books and read them - The first was an extremely basic intro to all of Microsoft Office called 'Simplified' and the second is a general intro book called 'Step by Step - Office Access 2007'.

Both of these have helped raise me from being someone who knows nothing at all to being a novice. Now I am looking for something to take me to the "higher end of the Novice level".

There are many books out there, most seem to be another introductory book or they seem to be what people call reference bibles.

The reference bible style of books don't seem to be good for learning from (comments from anyone here would be appreciated - perhaps I am wrong)

What I am after is another novice level book but perhaps a novice book that is not orientated for absolute beginners but for someone who has already read one or two books, i.e. still a beginner but not an Absolute beginner - Shall we say a Second Novice Book is what I am after. ;)

Thanks all, I look forward to visiting these forums again and really appreciate any advice as I start my journey into Access Study.:)

Blafin

Local time
Thanks mate,

I will check it out. Oh and Merry Christmas

Blafin

jwhite

Software Developer
Local time
Yesterday, 22:44
The Access Bibles are more used as a Reference rather than a book to read. I would highly recommend you add it to your arsenal. Another superb online tutorial site is FunctionX Tutorials.

Blafin

Local time
Again - Thanks, I am checking these sights out now (well after Christmas) but shortly. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom