How to call a function in an addon (1 Viewer)

chaostheory

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:32
My boss is using an addon, that is corporate, meaning the code is password protected. That she doesnt care about, she doesnt want to see the code, nor need to know how it does what it does. She just wants to be able to CALL it from her own scripts. Shes currently written macros to do what she needs to cut work that took 3 hours to 25 minutes. But she needs to run this program, over and over and over, until its done doing what it does. (Don't ask me its over my head). But when she records a macro to run it, the part where the program runs, simply isnt there.

Is there any possible way to learn the name of the function in the add-on?

chergh

blah
Local time
Today, 06:32
Use the object browser. Open the visual basic editor, press F2 and select the addin from the drop down box from the top left. You'll then have a list of classes and the subs and functions in them.

chaostheory

Registered User.
Local time
My boss is the one working on this and she said it seems like a step in the right direction she can see all the names of the subs and functions, but is unsure which one is the one she has to call. But she tried using the standard "call" function and it wouldn't work. Is there a different way to call subs and functions from the browser list since they are addins?

As for which one to call, we are contacting the developer to see if they will tell us the name of the sub linked to the command we are clicking on in the menu. Is there a way to tell that by editing the buttons or menu commands? For instance , we are clicking on the menu item DOEPRO> Analyze Design> Multiple Response Regression. Then the function runs but we are unsure which function from the list is actually running. Any help is appreciated again. Thanks for getting us started on the path.

chergh

blah
Local time
Today, 06:32
It sounds like the subs and functions are private to the class so you won't be able to simply call them.

You would need to instantiate a class into an object and the subs and functions will be available to the object as properties and methods.

The best thing to do just now is record a macro of the 'DOEPRO> Analyze Design> Multiple Response Regression' clicks and see if there is anything useful in that. Speaking to the developers is probably still your best plan.

chaostheory

Registered User.
Local time
Yea we tried recording a macro first, we do the clicks, but the part where we click DOEPRO etc simply doesnt show up in the macro :(

shades

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:32
If the add-on is provided by someone, perhaps even free, it may still be a protected VBA project, and so you wouldn't be able to access that add-on. Thus, if you contact the developer, ask about getting access to the whole VBA project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom