Conditional Property on Form (1 Viewer)

Chris Morris

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:12
I have a form which will allow the user to review a list of contacts to de-duplicate them. Against each contact record, there are two buttons "Select" and "Remove". The select button lets you say "this is the record to keep" and remove allows your to say "I want to merge this record with the selected one and then ultimately remove it from the database".

The workflow would be along these lines: Open the form and all records have a "Select" button and all "Remove" buttons would be disabled (to stop you attempting to remove before selecting). On selecting one contact, I'd like all the other "Select" buttons to be disabled and their "Remove" buttons to be enabled. My problem is when I use:

Me.pbRemove.Enabled = True
Me.pbSelect.Enabled = False

It enables or disables ALL remove / select buttons including the contact I've just selected.

I am aware of conditional formatting, but does this extend to any other properties?

Currently the user is warned through MsgBoxes that they can't remove the same one, or that one hasn't been selected yet, but I always strive for a more intuitive interface...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom