ARRRRR Mateys! (1 Viewer)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 10:39
Arr, Here be my pirate name

Dread Pirate Flint

Like the famous Dread Pirate Roberts, you have a keen head for how to make a profit. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Actually, pirates never spoke like that at all.

It was invented by Robert Newton for the film / TV series Treasure Island.

So all you are actually doing is copying an actor.

Col

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 05:39
Fine by me. :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
That doesn't make it any less fun. :)

What it is doing though is propogating a typical sterotype which is totally false. Something I have been chastised and banned for in the past.

But as you are American I suppose it doesn't count against you. Again it's one rule for some and another for others.

If I do it again and get told off, I'll refer to this thread as being the benchmark for it being allowed.

Anyway, I can't hang around here - I'm off to Spain now.

Col

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 04:39
What it is doing though is propogating a typical sterotype which is totally false. Something I have been chastised and banned for in the past.

But as you are American I suppose it doesn't count against you. Again it's one rule for some and another for others.

If I do it again and get told off, I'll refer to this thread as being the benchmark for it being allowed.

Because we're being offensive to all the seventeenth century pirates that visit AWF? OK. :rolleyes:

Vassago

Local time
If you produce a 17th century pirate and they admit that what we are doing is offensive, I will ban myself.

Until then, bugger off to Spain and have fun. :)

Vassago

Local time
Guess what day it be? Yarrrrr!

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Yarrrr! Me thinks the crew have deserted, the scurvy rats!

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Just under the w-arrrrrr! It still bein talk like a p-arrrrr-ate day.
Sorry I was late. At least I got to see the end of the pirate p-arrrrr-ade!
Such a joy to see you all again. Tay, Ouma, Friday, Colin, Rabbie, George, stats, Cindy and Josh, of course.... I hope you are all well. Can't believe I can come back and still find you all here. That gives me a strange sense of comfort. This place is like a little tavern that never changes. How wonderful.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Aye, here it be, a day to be honored by all pirates - including me, and I'm gettin' in me name just before the end of the day (local time zone of course)

I be Arrrrthur, the Hung Pirate. Yet me name has nothing to do with rope. Avast, ye scurvy swabs, trim the sails or ye'll be sleeping in Davy Jones' Locker. (I hear it was still available from the set of the Monkees...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom