Post codes/ Zip codes input masks (1 Viewer)

A

angelrichardson

Hi there, im a student currently doing my a level ICT coursework using microsoft access and i have become frustrated with my tables because i cannot find an input mask suitable for a UK postcode AND a USA zip code, i have, for the moment, taken the input mask off altogether and i have to trust that my typing will be correct, but can anyone help me come up with a sitable input mask, i would be very grateful for the help!:confused:

R

Rich

They should be two separate fields, therefore the input masks would be different anyway

christheancient

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:45
Can't help on Zip Codes.

However, the very best mask I have found (and use consistently) for UK Post Codes can be a tricky one to make work properly. It can be tamed as follows.

LAaa 0LL. In other words, the first character is always a letter and is required, the second character can be a letter or a digit but is required (as in M6 or SW10), the next two characters may be letters or digits and may be there or not. The last three characters are always a digit folloed by two letters.

The final mask comes out as...

>LAaa\ 0LL;0;*

Note that there must be a space just after the back slash.

As a US Zip Code bears no resemblance to a UK Post Code, you will have to choose a method of entering these codes that is country dependent.

Hope all this helps

Chris

A

angelrichardson

thankyou

thankyou very much for that code, i have found it helpful, i hope i can use it in my database! thanks again
Angelrichardson

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom