2014 Programmers Survey - What do you Drink During Work (1 Viewer)

What is your favorite drink at work - choose all that apply

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 16:17
No, I will not include drinks for the Olympics - we are seeing to many Coke-a-cola advertisements already. DuH! I just plugged it didn't I?

Welcome to the 2014 Survey - What do you drink at work - for Programmers and Database Professionals
THIS IS A MULTIPLE CHOICE - choose all that apply
Preferred drinks have changed over the decades.
We want to ask: What's in your cup?

At every convention, we have all left with items ranging from coffee cups to plastic spill-proof bicycle bottles. But, what is the reality.

Please take a few moments to complete the survey. And, be sure to add your comments.
* It isn't as if your drink is a national secret... or is it? :D

Another note: Lerning more about users from comments and PM.
The survey considers single-server drink mixes such as CL On the Go, and Ocean Spray mixes as Water - Bottled, ... (above tap water). Thanks

Last edited:

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 23:17
How can I vote again? :eek: I did not realize it was a multiple choice question. LOL !

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Black Tea or Coffee, but mainly Tea, and bottled Water..

Boring I know... YAWN...

I used to work for Starbucks, and drank their Latte's each day, I gained about 3 stone in a year :eek:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 18:17
I drink a combo of high caffienated cola or energy drinks, healthy teas (green tea and such), and water. It just depends on the time of day and how busy it is.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Forgot about a Stone: equal to 14 Pounds avoirdupois (about 6.35 kg) used in Great Britain and Ireland for measuring body weight. We use to use it for measuring wool from sheep in Oklahoma.
That is a lot of weight to gain from a drink over time.
Worked at a place with about 60 programmers. High caffene pop was made available for free. Just could not take that myself.

The place I work at has two free Starbucks coffee machines. I have one cup of coffee made "perfectlly" from fresh ground beans and Reverse Osomis water each morning. But, at work, I only drink tea and purified water.
I have had an average of 2 sick days a year in 16 years.
Of course, the health is not from coffee or tea! It is from the two bottles of good Merlot wine each week. Roman belief that wine was a daily necessity made the drink "democratic" and ubiquitous. I think all code reviews should be conducted with wine because "In vino veritas," or "There's truth in wine"
That is why I insist on writing off my wine as a business tax deduction.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:17
Forgot about a Stone: equal to 14 Pounds avoirdupois (about 6.35 kg) used in Great Britain and Ireland for measuring body weight..

One place I worked had a supplier account manager whose name was Troy Weight.

I always wondered if he had a brother called Avoirdupois.

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
I don't know about fancy, as in coffee shop, but I remember a phase when I worked my way through the whole range of different Nescafé coffee types that I could find in my local grocery shop. They weren't Decaf varieties either.

I also went through a phase of trying different Twinings teas as well.

I didn't worry about weight too much as I had about a mile walk to the station in the morning and evening, as I worked in Westminster (London, UK) I was able to go for a walk along the River Thames at lunchtime if I wanted.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:17
I drink mostly water (tap), but sometimes I get a soda (diet Pepsi most of the time). But sometimes I wish I could have something stronger (alcoholic) since the work sometimes is very stressful.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 15:17
Need to add "Other" to the poll question if you can... I drink water from our well which is above commercial bottled water.
When it is cold I sometimes have dandelion tisane to warm up, in the summer I enjoy spruce or birch beer to cool down. Dont know what those would come under in the survey.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
The polls only allow 10 choices.
However, what you describe is sure not tap water! LOL
Yours is much higher quality.
For many years, I was a Water Quality DBA. Just for tap water, I process more than 1,000,000 lab samples a year for EPA compliance.
Maybe you should bottle yours? :cool::D
But, I did have an alcoholic uncle who tried to drink Canada dry. ;)

Last edited:

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
I suppose the days of the liquid lunch at a local pub on Fridays are long gone. :(

An excellent networking / team building activity. :)

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Had to look that up. "Keep Calm and Drink Stella"
Too bad there were only 10 options.
I live in the shadows of a Coors Brewery in Golden, Colorado.
Really enjoyed the taste of the first 275,981 bottles / cans. After that, it got bland.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:17
You left off one that I selected by the fact of not having the actual answer.

I drink water that has been flavored with any of several of the single-server drink mixes such as CL On the Go, Ocean Spray mixes. My choice was "water" (above tap water) but it is actually flavored water with a variety of mix flavors.

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Just plain tap water in my coffee cup at work, unless I'm falling over in which case a cola of some sort. RARELY coffee.

At home, usually tea, soda, or again tap water (KCMO has some of the best in the country, we sell it bottled).

GSSDevelopment

PHP Guru
Local time
Side note: "Caffeine"

The norm for me is:
09:00: ~0.5L of corporate drip coffee ("mud") + ~0.5L of purified water (dispenser)
10:30: ~0.5L of water
12:00: ~0.5L of water
13:00: ~0.5L of mud
14:30: ~0.5L of water w/ Lunch
16:00: ~0.5L of water

At home:
18:00: ~1L of water (purified pitcher)
20:00: ~1L of water

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
Side note: "Caffeine"

The norm for me is:
09:00: ~0.5L of corporate drip coffee ("mud") + ~0.5L of purified water (dispenser)
10:30: ~0.5L of water
12:00: ~0.5L of water
13:00: ~0.5L of mud
14:30: ~0.5L of water w/ Lunch
16:00: ~0.5L of water

At home:
18:00: ~1L of water (purified pitcher)
20:00: ~1L of water

That is quite the specific amount of beverage consumptions there. I usually have my big cup of coffee that last me until I reach around 9:00am then I switch between A soft drink of some kind (Mountain Dew) and water. Trying to nullify my bad drinks with water :D

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Re: of corporate drip coffee ("mud")
Taste like Mud? Funny, it was just ground before we added the water!
Hope more people can take the survey.
So far this is breaking the sterotype of the high-potency sports drink.

GSSDevelopment

PHP Guru
Local time
That is quite the specific amount of beverage consumptions there. I usually have my big cup of coffee that last me until I reach around 9:00am then I switch between A soft drink of some kind (Mountain Dew) and water. Trying to nullify my bad drinks with water :D

I know how large my cups are at work and at home. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom