A database structure conundrum... (1 Viewer)

Uvuriel03

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:45
I have a database that holds all of the product in our warehouse.

What I'm working on right now is how to, using one form, log a location change from one location to another. I haven't solidified exactly how this part of my database is going to function, so I'm open to all suggestions. I'll revise as much of the database as is necessary, add to it, etc...

Each receipt gets an ID, and this ID can be split up into several different locations.

For example:
10 boxes come in on ID 2508.
7 boxes are put in the racks in location 123A
2 boxes are put into the shelving location 1445B
1 box is put in the overflow location of 2044D

So I need two things: First of all, I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to set up the table infrustructure, since any given receipt might be split into multiple locations at any given time--upon receipt or any time afterwards up until the last box of it is shipped out. (Sometimes we move boxes from the rack to the shelving, things like that.)

Currently I have a table with records for each receipt line, and each line gets its own unique ID. I'm not sure if I should have a separate table for each ID's locations or not.

Second: The form with which these location movements will be logged will need to, preferably simultaniously, subtract the amount being moved from whatever location it is being pulled from, and add it to whatever location it is being moved to.

Alas, I'm frying my brain on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:45
can you mix products in each bay, or does each bay just carry a single product?

based on this, i can offer some assistance

Uvuriel03

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:45
Actually, I think I have it figured out. =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom