a flashing screen during switching from one form to another (1 Viewer)

odrap

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:06
In my databaseprogram I use several forms that function as menu's.
During startup of the databaseprogram, all this forms are opened but remains invisible. Only the first menuform is opened and made visible.
When i want to switch from one such a menuform to another, i need to click the appropriate MenuItemButton on the form. In the click-event of such a button i have the following code:

Application.Echo False
me.visible = False (me = the form from wich i switch)
forms!frmmenu.visible = True (frmMenu = the form to switch to)
Application.Echo True

However, each time a switching from one form to another takes place, for a very short time i see an annoying white surface practically as large is the form itself.
What to to to solve this flashing ?

thunder

Just Want To Know More
Local time
Today, 11:06
First of all i should ask a question?
Why opening many forms at the same time !!!!!!!!!?
The form which needs to be active and visible is the menu form after that you can link them by macros (close form and open form) with buttons and if that takes time you can make splash screens when switching between forms if there is aby thing else feel free to say

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:06
Application.Echo False
me.visible = False (me = the form from wich i switch)
forms!frmmenu.visible = True (frmMenu = the form to switch to)
Application.Echo True

try it the other way round - make the new form visible THEN make the current form invisible

if you think about it, if you make the visible form not visible, then you DO have a blank screen

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:06
I agree with Thunder; Given the speeds of today's PCs, I can't imagine a case where this would be necessary with menu forms. But in answer to your question, when switching between forms, or in making one visible and another invisible, the way to avoid this "flickering" is to

1. Make the second form open/visible
  2. Close/make invisible the first form

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom