A form's onload is cancelling a openreport's where condition (1 Viewer)

gojets1721

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:09
Bit of an odd question........so I have DB full of complaints dating back years. My main form which looks at one complaint at a time has onload code (see below) so that it automatically only opens complaints from 2022.

Elsewhere in the DB, I have a button that I want to open the form using different criteria and I'm using a where condition to do that (see below code). But since I also have onload code, it (understandably) ignores the where condition and opens the form using the onload code.

Before I change things around, I wanted to see if there was an way around this. Probably not, as access is behaving how it should but I thought I'd at least check.

Thanks!

Onload code:
Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.Filter = "YEAR([ComplaintDate])= 2022"
    DoCmd.SetOrderBy "[ComplaintDate] ASC"
    Me.FilterOn = True
End Sub

Where condition code from openform button:
Code:
Private Sub txtInProgressComplaints_Click()

DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmLaunch"
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmComplaints", acNormal, "", "Status = 'In Progress'", , acNormal

End Sub

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'd guess it's not really ignoring the wherecondition so much as replacing it. One thought that comes to mind is sending something in OpenArgs and test for that in your load code. If it's present, abort, if not filter.

LarryE

Local time
Bit of an odd question........so I have DB full of complaints dating back years. My main form which looks at one complaint at a time has onload code (see below) so that it automatically only opens complaints from 2022.

Elsewhere in the DB, I have a button that I want to open the form using different criteria and I'm using a where condition to do that (see below code). But since I also have onload code, it (understandably) ignores the where condition and opens the form using the onload code.

Before I change things around, I wanted to see if there was an way around this. Probably not, as access is behaving how it should but I thought I'd at least check.

Thanks!

Onload code:
Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.FilterOn = True
End Sub

Where condition code from openform button:
Code:
Private Sub txtInProgressComplaints_Click()

DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmLaunch"
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmComplaints", acNormal, "", "Status = 'In Progress'", , acNormal

End Sub
You can try the following which allows two filtering options when the OnLoad event fires:
Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim Reply As Variant
Reply = MsgBox("DO YOU WANT TO SHOW IN-PROGRESS?", vbYesNo)
If Reply = 7 Then 'NO
    Me.FilterOn = True
End If
If Reply = 6 Then 'Yes
    Me.Filter = "[Status]='In Progress'"
    Me.FilterOn = True
End If
Me.Requery
Exit Sub
End Sub