A Menu of Choices (1 Viewer)

Gareth50

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:23
Dear all

Not sure which thread this belongs in so here seems good.

I have multiple tables (around 60) that (will) contain assessment data on students. The tables will have the generic name PA# eg. PA1 or PA32 etc. I would like some kind of menu, with a drop down list or similar that will allow teachers to choose which PA table they want to load/edit.

The solution should allow the list to expand in a similar way to a lookup field tied to a main table.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

PS I am fairly new to Access so solutions need to be fairly simple to understand or well explained.

thanks

Gareth

R

Rich

Are you sure you need 60 tables? It sounds as if you db is not normalised, post some details

Gareth50

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:23
I Think it will be as normalised as possible. DB actually consists of 4 main tables: Student details; SATs Results; GCSE/ALevel Results and Class Details.

Each 1/2 term a report is made on every student giving three grades for every subject (typically 10 subjects). An attaiment Grade, an Effort Grade and a Behaviour Grade are recorded and details sent to parents. Data has to be held/archived for progression checks.

I believe the only way to do this is to set up a table for each Periodic Assessment which is linked to the student table via the studentID field.

I am however open to suggestions of a better approach!

Thanks for your interest Rich.

Gareth

R

Rich

In simple terms, excuse the pun, one table will hold the exam results, the date of the exam, the student ID and the results etc. parameter queries will extract the data for any period/student you require

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom