A Ukulele For A Gent (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:31
I believe it doesn't really look like Tiny Tim. As I recall, all his hair was on his head and there was a lot of it. And it was scraggly.

Can't hear his voice, though.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 07:31
Yep back for good, at least that is the plan for now. I am under obligation to self isolate (Virginia) for 14 days which makes my wife happy because she has a honey-do list longer than a country mile. I keep telling her I have to practice my playing but she isn't hearing it!

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Just tell her you don't have the materials or supplies and you're not allowed to go out shopping! Technically, you are not eve allowed to do curbside pickup, because if you got in trouble on the road, anyone who has to interact with you is at risk! At least that would be the case here. Those who come through customs are being tracked, and in some cases, fined for not staying home (or so I've been told)

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yeah, I do look like one of those cirus bears trying to ride a tricycle, but what the hell. Maybe the spectacle will keep others from noticing my crap playing ability!

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
awesome, John! Perfect timing :) ... and learning some tunes sounds like more fun than wading around in SS :unsure: Welcome back! Traveling is fun but there's no place like home ;)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:31
I found this:- (Ukulele Music) thought it might be of interest

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
My daughter picked up her uke over the weekend. She hadn't played with it in a while. I showed her this thread and she was very impressed.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Uncle, when NG posts a vid of him playing the uke I made, I'm hoping for something like this:
(If you can make it to the end of the video, I applaud you).

At least try to hang in until 1:49 - you might not believe a uke could do what happens around that time unless you stick around.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
My daughter picked up her uke over the weekend. She hadn't played with it in a while. I showed her this thread and she was very impressed.
Cool! Maybe now she has an appreciation for what goes into one? It might even spur on a renewed interest - at least for a short time.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Uncle, when NG posts a vid of him playing the uke I made, I'm hoping for something like this:
(If you can make it to the end of the video, I applaud you).

At least try to hang in until 1:49 - you might not believe a uke could do what happens around that time unless you stick around.

I can definitely move and bang head like that...but that will be the extent of it!

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
According to my dear long-suffering wife, the only thing I collect these days is dust.

No, not a coin collector.
with time on my hands, i decided to go thru all the old coins in my safe. I join a coin collertors forum. One of the avtars is The Doc man.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If not with underscores, it ain't me.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
So...this little treasure has been hanging on my wall for the better part of 4 years now. I've taken her down a few times to amuse myself and the grandkids, but that is about it.

Then Chloe recently asked me to play her a song and I told her I didn't know how, she asked "How come?!?" I didn't have a good answer and as fate would have it, I came across an ad for some lessons so I signed up.

First class was this morning, there are 5 of us and I was the youngest in the class (had to throw that in!). When the instructor was making his rounds and tuning our instruments, he looked at mine and said:
"This is NICE! What is it?" meaning brand
Me: "Its a Micron!"
"Really, I've never heard of them...?"
"He only does custom work by request"
"Well, he does excellent work, it's a very nice uke."

This was precisely why I wanted this made. @Micron , if you are reading this, thank you and I hope things were going your way!

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
That is just AWESOME. Thanks for letting me know! Just the other day I was wondering how you and it ever made out together. I must be psychic or something? Can't wait until you upload a vid of you playing, which will bump this old thread and I'll be back. Did you tell instructor that it was aka Lydia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom