A2010 print preview subreport problems (1 Viewer)

hardyd44

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:29
Hi guys,

weird one this - always is with me :confused:

I am using Access 2010 to build a apllication that produces a report with a unlinked (ie now child/parent fields) sub report. If I open the report in any view except print preview the report opens fine (will even export as a PDF).

BUT....

If i open in print preview I get a error message "The record source etc etc does not exist" for each fieild in the sub report after okaying the 18 - 20 messages (lot of fields in the sub report) the report opens in the print preview view okay :banghead:

I have tried creating a new blank DB and importing all objects across - this DB has corrupted once already so have backups just in case.

The only thing I am doing different from any other DB I have created (in A2003) is using another query to select the records that will be in the subform using the dynaset (inconsistant updates) setting on its form. but the records on the sub report are from a different query (hope that makes sense)

anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Dean

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
How about opening each subreport in print preview, what happens? This could lead you to the failing subreport.

hardyd44

Registered User.
Local time
Not been near this project for a few weeks - I have carried on regardless with the rest of it - noticed something whilst doing this, if I open the report in preview using VB - no errors come up - stranger and stranger still :banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom