Access 2003 "bug" with earlier Access Macros (1 Viewer)

tehNellie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:22
Apologies if this has been posted, I did search without finding anything.

I've got a legacy database written using Macros that is displaying problems when run in Access 2003. When trying to open forms using certain actions which appear related, but not limited to what's described here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841916
You get the error message: "You don't have the license required to use this ActiveX control"
As far as I can see the solution is basically to rewrite the application, something that is on the cards anyway, if nothing else to get away from Macros because they're a pain to figure out what they do when you've no documentation (cry me a river!)

Now my question is, does Access provide any means to enable you to make bulk changes to existing macros? Or if not bulk changes, can I identify which macros contain the offending code without having to go through them one at a time?

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
you may find the best way forward is to convert the macros to vba (there is a wizard to do this) then if you know the name of the active x control you can search for it or do a visual scan of the code.

tehNellie

Registered User.
Local time
Doh! Of course there is! Ever feel that sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees?

Thanks for that

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
I particularly like this Wizard. It taught me how to use With CodeContextObject and then realise how marvellous it was.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom